Old 14-10-2005, 02:55 AM
FrankenFish

Default A Pond Question

Why is it today I read no post on rec.ponds
Is this a religious group?

What next

Abortions????
Old 14-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Ligulario

"FrankenFish" wrote in message
Why is it today I read no post on rec.ponds
Is this a religious group?
What next Abortions????

Jehovah Witnesses?
Cults?
Trolls?
Net abuse?
Stalkers?

Old 14-10-2005, 04:49 AM
~ jan jjspond

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:55:48 -0400, FrankenFish wrote:

Why is it today I read no post on rec.ponds

I assume (uh oh) that maybe no one has any ponding info or questions at
this time. ;o) ~ jan
Old 14-10-2005, 05:21 AM
Snooze

"~ jan jjspond" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:55:48 -0400, FrankenFish
wrote:

Jan look at the email address of the original poster, that was one of
carol's old identities. so that was probably a troll, and since it was
posted on an anonymous relay, it just cinches the deal.

-S

Old 14-10-2005, 06:04 AM
~ jan jjspond

Jan look at the email address of the original poster, that was one of
carol's old identities. so that was probably a troll, and since it was
posted on an anonymous relay, it just cinches the deal.
-S

Big sigh sucker again. Guess she was afraid no one was even lurking.
Back to winter hibernation mode. ~ jan

Old 14-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Snooze

"~ jan jjspond" wrote in message
Jan look at the email address of the original poster, that was one of
carol's old identities. so that was probably a troll, and since it was
posted on an anonymous relay, it just cinches the deal.
-S

Big sigh sucker again. Guess she was afraid no one was even lurking.
Back to winter hibernation mode. ~ jan

No I doubt it was her, it was probably someone in the other side of the
aisle. They're using one of her former identities, if they were better,
they'd adapt to her current identity.

-S

Old 14-10-2005, 12:26 PM

Do you wonder why Carol replies to herself?

Old 14-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Derek Broughton

wrote:

Jan look at the email address of the original poster, that was one of
carol's old identities. so that was probably a troll, and since it was
posted on an anonymous relay, it just cinches the deal.

It was a troll's identity, but you've got no evidence it's Carol
--
derek
Old 14-10-2005, 03:28 PM
~ jan jjspond

It was a troll's identity, but you've got no evidence it's Carol

This is true, jumping to conclusions again wasn't I. ;o) ~ jan
Old 14-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Reel Mckoi

Default Headers 101 {was: A Pond Question} (Off-topic) = Maxx

"Maxx Pollare" wrote in message

The only reliable way to spot Carol from the trolls is by the visable
IP address found in the "X-trace" or "NNTP-Posting-Host". The only real
Carol posts are those from "66.82.*.*". Unfourtunately she can't get
into her head that we need that visable IP to tell the diffrence.

## WE? THEY don't bother to check anyway Maxx. Some of my NSPs show my
NNTP and some don't. Since no one checks but YOU, I can't see how it
matters. I'll have to check and see which use it and which don't, and
change my identity to Reel McKoi on that one. I can guarantee you it isn't
going to make a difference......

Now, for this Vaultkeeper/Phatom/Guardian/FrankenFish it's easy to see
it as another Jabbers sock based on the content alone, but that doesn't
matter... Use your own judment when dealing with trolls.

--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 15-10-2005, 02:08 AM
~Roy

Whats this 'winter hibernation stuff" surely its not that time of
year where you live is it.......In a way I am ready for some cooler
weather myself.............I have a massive overhaul actually removal
of vegetation to do in my pond.......Hepas of parrots feather,
sensitive fern, clover, lilys and pikeral rush to get gone.........it
all just grew so fast this year I could not keep up with it....Water
is still in thre low 80's and no sign of it getting
coolerl....probably have at least until mid december until it gets
what is considered cold for this area..........about 60 deg.

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:04:23 -0700, ~ jan jjspond
wrote:

===Jan look at the email address of the original poster, that was one of
===carol's old identities. so that was probably a troll, and since it was
===posted on an anonymous relay, it just cinches the deal.
===-S
===
===Big sigh sucker again. Guess she was afraid no one was even lurking.
===Back to winter hibernation mode. ~ jan

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 20-10-2005, 04:08 AM
Registered User

My koi ponds will be totally under screening come tomorrow. D.pond will be
put to bed the following weekend. All Tropical lilies were bagged up for
storage 2 weeks ago. ~ jan[/quote]

Sigh...... So many leaves in the pond- even with the netting. The wind has been just in the right direction to have my neighbors tree leaves fall in my yard. Stopped pumping from the BD- afraid the leaves will clog the pipe.

Tried something new with the lilies- Cut all the leaves and roots and will store them in the basement this year. Same with the tropicals. All the marginals are buried in a trench this year. Next year I make them a small pond behind the shed.

I hate winter.

Hey- isn't it great that we have a real hobby- and real lives? Momma always said that idle hands were the devils tools.
Happy ponding.