Old 14-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Koi-lo

Default Nets and leaves

The falling leaves, the smaller ones, are falling through the nets again and
collecting at the bottom of the ponds. I use the finer mesh fishnet to
remove them. Pretty soon they'll all be down and the problem will be
solved. We still see a few small frogs around the ponds but most are gone
for the winter. The turtle comes out every now and then to bask. He
doesn't seek the fish-food anymore. We don't know where he spends the rest
of his time, probably in a thick clump of plants at one end of the pond. I
had to postpone pulling the filters again due to unusually warm weather. We
haven't seen any herons in weeks. Slowly but surely we're slipping into
winter here......... time to bring out the birdfeeders.
--
Reel McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:

Old 15-11-2005, 02:19 AM
~Roy

ah carol you forgot to change your signature file, your post is
showing Koi lo and your sig is showing Reel Mckoi
Too many irons in the fire to keep up with perhaps? ya looser!

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:22:04 -0600, "Koi-lo"
wrote:

===The falling leaves, the smaller ones, are falling through the nets again and
===collecting at the bottom of the ponds. I use the finer mesh fishnet to
===remove them. Pretty soon they'll all be down and the problem will be
===solved. We still see a few small frogs around the ponds but most are gone
===for the winter. The turtle comes out every now and then to bask. He
===doesn't seek the fish-food anymore. We don't know where he spends the rest
===of his time, probably in a thick clump of plants at one end of the pond. I
===had to postpone pulling the filters again due to unusually warm weather. We
===haven't seen any herons in weeks. Slowly but surely we're slipping into
===winter here......... time to bring out the birdfeeders.

"The original frugal ponder"