Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-11-2005, 12:43 AM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis

Default Poison ivy update

Back about July I asked what to do about getting rid of poison ivy growths
around my ponds. I wound up spraying a little Round-Up. I treated each
plant that I could find with its own little squirt, I didn't do much in the
way of overspray. Anyway, it must not have been poison ivy. It was sure
easy to kill, and it hasn't resprouted or come back. I couldn't have
gotten it all (that's not my style) but I'll be darned if I can find any of
it. I researched it a lot, I went to websites and identified it (I
thought) from pictures and even ruled out "look alike" plants that are
often mistaken for it. Like I say, I don't react to it (yet) so it has
never been a real big priority for me to recognize it, but I sure didn't
want it around. I probably wiped out the highly endangered last surviving
clump of harmless *poisonus ivyus look alikeus* in North America, but its
gone nonetheless.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
Hell hath no fury like a bird in the hand.

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It -systemic killers rtih Lawns 0 17-05-2003 08:32 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Lawns 20 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM