Old 20-11-2005, 09:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
G & K Meyer

Default Air Pump what kind?

Hi,
Would like to try and turn off my water pump this winter and use a air pump.
Hope to save a few $ on electric bill!
Need any information I can, all will be greatly appreciated.
We have a pond about 1000gal. pond and are in Colorado by Denver. I
have looked at a few on the internet, what is better one that is
submersible or one that you run the tube to the bottom of the pond?
Thank you.

"Learn Something From Every One You Meet"
JuicePlusPlus.com
Greg &/or Kellie Meyer

Old 20-11-2005, 10:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gale Pearce

Hi,
Would like to try and turn off my water pump this winter and use a air

pump.
Hope to save a few $ on electric bill!
Need any information I can, all will be greatly appreciated.
We have a pond about 1000gal. pond and are in Colorado by Denver. I
have looked at a few on the internet, what is better one that is
submersible or one that you run the tube to the bottom of the pond?

I also have a ~1000 gal pond and use an Optima pump by RC Hagen - one outlet
and the air flow is adjustable - used the smaller ones in the past, but they
only lasted a year or so and my Optima has been running for 4 yrs, no
problem - don't run the tube to the bottom - just 2 or 3 inches below the
surface to get the "fizzing" effect on the surface
Gale :~)

Old 20-11-2005, 10:19 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Would like to try and turn off my water pump this winter and use a air pump.
Hope to save a few $ on electric bill!
Need any information I can, all will be greatly appreciated.
We have a pond about 1000gal. pond and are in Colorado by Denver. I
have looked at a few on the internet, what is better one that is
submersible or one that you run the tube to the bottom of the pond?
Greg &/or Kellie Meyer

A submersible air pump? Not aware of those, do send the website, I'd like
to see it.

Tube ones I've seen and have had more experience with. For years now I've
run the cheapies (indoor-variety) from Wally World by placing a bucket over
them. www.aquaticeco.com does carry indoor/outdoor types. One caution I've
often heard is don't loop the tubing, if moisture gets in it, it may freeze
shut, stopping the air flow to pond and damaging the air pump. Go for
straight or angled runs from pump to pond. ~ jan

----------------
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 20-11-2005, 10:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
Daniel Morrow

Old 20-11-2005, 11:28 PM posted to rec.ponds

Old 20-11-2005, 11:32 PM posted to rec.ponds

HI, I use an air pump I ordered on line at OK WATER.com
It does a great job for me. I only put it about 12 to 15 inches deep in
the pond. The pump actually sits outside the pond under a plastic
cover. Hope this helps.

Old 21-11-2005, 12:34 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"G & K Meyer" wrote in message
Hi,
Would like to try and turn off my water pump this winter and use a air
pump. Hope to save a few $ on electric bill!
Need any information I can, all will be greatly appreciated.

========================
Any cheap air pump should work. Just don't let them get wet. Set them on
something and then cover them with a pot, large bowl or plastic bucket.
Make sure to weigh down the pot or bucket so it doesn't blow off in a storm.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:

Old 21-11-2005, 10:49 AM posted to rec.ponds
koi-lo

G & K Meyer wrote:
Hi,
Would like to try and turn off my water pump this winter and use a air pump.
Hope to save a few $ on electric bill!
Need any information I can, all will be greatly appreciated.

My husband and I fart in the pond every day in the winter.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++

CR.. Kill a Fish today
Old 22-11-2005, 12:55 AM posted to rec.ponds
G & K Meyer

Here is a web site.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...8x003&ctt=6 0

--

"Learn Something From Every One You Meet"
JuicePlusPlus.com
Greg &/or Kellie Meyer / GEM STAR Enterprises, Inc.
303-663-1588

Old 23-11-2005, 02:16 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:55:49 -0700, "G & K Meyer" wrote:

Here is a web site.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...8x003&ctt=6 0

Thanks, that's kind of cool.... kind of pricey, but does get the pump off
the side of the pond. ~ jan

----------------
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 23-11-2005, 06:23 PM posted to rec.ponds

and it is only 28 watt, low energy consumption. Ingrid

~ jan jjspond wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:55:49 -0700, "G & K Meyer" wrote:

Here is a web site.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...8x003&ctt=6 0

Thanks, that's kind of cool.... kind of pricey, but does get the pump off
the side of the pond. ~ jan

----------------
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE