Old 24-12-2005, 09:50 PM posted to rec.ponds,[email protected]
news group

Default New Pond pictures

New pictures from this summer and fall (2005) on page 8.
Unfortunately, I have exceeded the allowable 22 MB and will have to
"edit" (remove the larger versions) the pictures soon. Unless of course
I move them to MSN or Yahoo or some place.

Enjoy...
W. Dale
Old 25-12-2005, 12:31 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"news group" wrote in message
New pictures from this summer and fall (2005) on page 8.
Unfortunately, I have exceeded the allowable 22 MB and will have to "edit"
(remove the larger versions) the pictures soon. Unless of course I move
them to MSN or Yahoo or some place.

Enjoy...
W. Dale

======================
Where?

--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 25-12-2005, 02:45 AM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

Koi-lo wrote:

"news group" wrote in message

New pictures from this summer and fall (2005) on page 8.
Unfortunately, I have exceeded the allowable 22 MB and will have to
"edit" (remove the larger versions) the pictures soon. Unless of
course I move them to MSN or Yahoo or some place.

Enjoy...
W. Dale

======================
Where?

Page 8, at
home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

Sorry I did not get that in there.
W. Dale

Old 25-12-2005, 07:36 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Koi-lo wrote:
Where?

Page 8, at
home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

Sorry I did not get that in there.
W. Dale

======================
You have a truly beautiful pond and some very nice koi. :-)
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
NEW PAGE: Aquariums:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shastada...ium-Page4.html

Old 25-12-2005, 04:15 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

Koi-lo wrote:

"Wilmdale" wrote in message

Koi-lo wrote:

Where?

Page 8, at
home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

Sorry I did not get that in there.
W. Dale

======================
You have a truly beautiful pond and some very nice koi. :-)

THANKS! I got them all from the pet stores (you know, the 'chain'
places) for under $5. There were all about 2-3 inches.
Now that the days are getting longer, it won't be long before spring is
here again! Yea!!!!!!! :-) .

Old 25-12-2005, 05:04 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Koi-lo wrote:
You have a truly beautiful pond and some very nice koi. :-)

THANKS! I got them all from the pet stores (you know, the 'chain'
places) for under $5. There were all about 2-3 inches.
Now that the days are getting longer, it won't be long before spring is
here again! Yea!!!!!!! :-) .

==============================
Isn't that something? I would have guessed they cost you a lot more. Some
of mine are from PetsMart and as cheap as $1.50 each as 2" fry. :-) The
rest are from an Aquarium and Pond store in Nashville - and none were over
$10.00, including my butterfly koi. I looked at the koi PetsMart has for
sale there now and some are very colorful attractive fish. I did end up
buying two more fancy goldfish while there..... it's an addiction I tell
you. An addiction.... :-)))

Old 26-12-2005, 05:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

Koi-lo wrote:

"Wilmdale" wrote in message

Koi-lo wrote:

You have a truly beautiful pond and some very nice koi. :-)

THANKS! I got them all from the pet stores (you know, the 'chain'
places) for under $5. There were all about 2-3 inches.
Now that the days are getting longer, it won't be long before spring is
here again! Yea!!!!!!! :-) .

==============================
Isn't that something? I would have guessed they cost you a lot more.
Some of mine are from PetsMart and as cheap as $1.50 each as 2" fry.
:-) The rest are from an Aquarium and Pond store in Nashville - and
none were over $10.00, including my butterfly koi. I looked at the
koi PetsMart has for sale there now and some are very colorful
attractive fish. I did end up buying two more fancy goldfish while
there..... it's an addiction I tell you. An addiction.... :-)))

*sigh*... You are SO right about the addiction part. I keep telling
myself, 'no more' No more! NO MORE!' And then, sure enough, there is
just one more that could use a better home than the 10 gallon tank in
the store. I have about 31 fish now, and I am really hoping I can just
let them grow and grow without adding more. EXCEPT for a couple of
replacements for the white koi I lost last year. :-( . But that should
be it. I think. LOL

I had no idea ponding would be so enjoyable when I started. This
spring, just a few months away, I am going to put my veggie filter in
the ground to replace the big ugly plywood box that is there now. I
think I will look much nicer and i will be able to do more with it.

Thanks for looking and commenting.
W. Dale

Old 27-12-2005, 02:07 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"Wilmdale" wrote in message
Koi-lo wrote:

I did end up buying two more fancy goldfish while
there..... it's an addiction I tell you. An addiction.... :-)))

======================
*sigh*... You are SO right about the addiction part. I keep telling
myself, 'no more' No more! NO MORE!'

I've given up telling myself that because I know I will weaken if I see the
right fish.....

And then, sure enough, there is
just one more that could use a better home than the 10 gallon tank in
the store. I have about 31 fish now, and I am really hoping I can just
let them grow and grow without adding more. EXCEPT for a couple of
replacements for the white koi I lost last year. :-( . But that should
be it. I think. LOL

No use foolin' yourself. That wont be the last fish. :-))) I go into
these stores to buy something like a net or package of frozen brine shrimp
and come out with one or two more fancy goldfish. These stores that sell
fish are so compelling, so alluring.... and the fish so attractive and
seductive. I take a peek into the goldfish tanks and the little scaly
stinkers start saying "Buy me! Pick me! Take me home with you....."

I had no idea ponding would be so enjoyable when I started. This
spring, just a few months away, I am going to put my veggie filter in
the ground to replace the big ugly plywood box that is there now. I
think I will look much nicer and i will be able to do more with it.

True. My veggie filter-settling tank can't be put into the ground so I hide
it with parrots feather which completely hides all 4 sides by mid spring.

Old 27-12-2005, 05:21 PM posted to rec.ponds
news group

Koi-lo wrote:

"Wilmdale" wrote in message

Koi-lo wrote:

I did end up buying two more fancy goldfish while

there..... it's an addiction I tell you. An addiction.... :-)))

======================

f, 'no more' No more! NO MORE!'

I've given up telling myself that because I know I will weaken if I
see the right fish.....

No use foolin' yourself. That wont be the last fish. :-))) I go
into these stores to buy something like a net or package of frozen
brine shrimp and come out with one or two more fancy goldfish. These
stores that sell fish are so compelling, so alluring.... and the fish
so attractive and seductive. I take a peek into the goldfish tanks
and the little scaly stinkers start saying "Buy me! Pick me! Take me
home with you....."

LOL Yep, you are SO right!!!!

W. Dale
Old 27-12-2005, 09:29 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"news group" wrote in message
Koi-lo wrote:

"Wilmdale" wrote in message

Koi-lo wrote:

I did end up buying two more fancy goldfish while

there..... it's an addiction I tell you. An addiction.... :-)))

======================

f, 'no more' No more! NO MORE!'

I've given up telling myself that because I know I will weaken if I see
the right fish.....

No use foolin' yourself. That wont be the last fish. :-))) I go into
these stores to buy something like a net or package of frozen brine
shrimp and come out with one or two more fancy goldfish. These stores
that sell fish are so compelling, so alluring.... and the fish so
attractive and seductive. I take a peek into the goldfish tanks and the
little scaly stinkers start saying "Buy me! Pick me! Take me home with
you....."

LOL Yep, you are SO right!!!!

I went back this afternoon and bought those two medium size calico Orandas
I've been lusting for for 3 weeks now. One is a pom-pom. And then I
spotted a really nice but small lionhead....... all three are in the
process of acclimatization at the moment. :-)))

They have several nice bronze pom-pom Orandas as well. Maybe next week.
;-)