Old 28-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Registered User

Default Grrrrrrrrrr Leaking pipe!

Just found out that one of my cemented in pipes are leaking. Does anyone know of a pipe sealeant that can be used (bear in minds I can't get to the outside of the pipe). Or does anyone know of a pipe liner that can be used?
Old 28-01-2006, 03:15 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Not that I am aware of...Odds are your gonna have to just suck it up
and bust it out or dig it up and do the repairs......

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 28-01-2006, 03:21 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"pau1gray" wrote in message
news

Just found out that one of my cemented in pipes are leaking. Does anyone
know of a pipe sealeant that can be used (bear in minds I can't get to
the outside of the pipe). Or does anyone know of a pipe liner that can
be used?
===================
Contact your local plumber before doing anything drastic. There are new
products out there every day. People who have houses on slabs probably face
the same problem when a pipe leaks.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 28-01-2006, 04:02 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Yea right , dig up the slab and replace it.. It was a matter of time
before ou just had to reply to something you have no knowledge
on......true to 99.99% of your other posts.

Inside of PVC pipe is certainly far from being uniform, so its
impossible to slip a device inside yet alone get it to where it has
to be and ensure your surface to seal against is dirt / scum
free.....anything placed inside is going to be a potential for buildup
of junk and make a restriction......Now if your systems flow is more
than you need, you may be able to push another pice of pvc pipe
inside the leaking section provided you have a straight shot at it,
but it would be conter to making a good repair which is going to
involve getting to the leak itself and that may entail busting up the
concrete. Yea, people on slabs wind up busting slabs
its part and parcel for having lines buried in or under conrete....

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:21:07 -0600, "Koi-lo"
wrote:

news

Old 28-01-2006, 05:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"Koi-lo" wrote in message
"pau1gray" wrote in message
news

Just found out that one of my cemented in pipes are leaking. Does anyone
know of a pipe sealeant that can be used (bear in minds I can't get to
the outside of the pipe). Or does anyone know of a pipe liner that can
be used?

===================
Contact your local plumber before doing anything drastic. There are new
products out there every day. People who have houses on slabs probably
face the same problem when a pipe leaks.

Carol it isn't necessary to reply to every post, especially when you have no
knowledge of the subject. Saying call a plumber is the world's biggest d'uh.

Depending on what that water line feeds, you might be able to thread a hose
down the pipe, just keep in mind a smaller hose drastically reduces the flow
rate. Test and see if the reduced flow rate is acceptable in this
application.

There isn't much you can do, besides cut up the concrete if you want to
repair the pipe. You can either break up that entire section of concrete, or
you can use a concrete saw (looks like a giant circular saw) and cut out a
trench right over the pipe.

The problem with using a concrete saw is that you'll have a seam and the new
concrete will have a slightly different color. But if you're lucky you can
just buy a bag or two of cement and reinforcement bar (iron rods used to
make reinforced concrete) and pour it yourself.

If it's pvc, a hacksaw, a bottle of primer and solvent, 2 unions and a
section of new pipe is all you'll need.
If it's copper pipe, you'll probably need to call a plumber anyway, because
soldering wet copper isn't easy for a novice. They'll either cut out the
cracked section, use 2 unions, and a new section of pipe, or they'll braze
on a larger section of pipe over the crack.

Soldering new copper pipe just takes a bit of practice, soldering old pipe,
that has water inside is a bit trickier.

Old 28-01-2006, 06:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gantz

Koi-lo wrote:
"Koi-lo" wrote in message
"pau1gray" wrote in message
news

Just found out that one of my cemented in pipes are leaking. Does anyone
know of a pipe sealeant that can be used (bear in minds I can't get to
the outside of the pipe). Or does anyone know of a pipe liner that can
be used?

===================
Contact your local plumber before doing anything drastic. There are new
products out there every day. People who have houses on slabs probably
face the same problem when a pipe leaks.

Carol it isn't necessary to reply to every post, especially when you have no
knowledge of the subject. Saying call a plumber is the world's biggest d'uh.

More so when her sock-puppet Kathy 2 told everyone to abandon rec.ponds

Old 28-01-2006, 08:08 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default Grrrrrrrrrr Leaking pipe!/Snooze/prodigy.net.

SNOOZE - I did not write this.

"Koi-lo" wrote in message
et...
"Koi-lo" wrote in message
news

Old 28-01-2006, 08:30 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Yes its evident the real whacko Carol aka koi lo did not write the
reply as it was too knowledgeable and preicse and certaily not a
canned reply or a copy paste from another website.......
In other words the reply was well made and stated, and correct unlike
your (Carol) posts are.......now its my turn.....DUH!! DUHHHH DUHHH,
ya old bimbo bitch ya need to go get a life and anew husband besides
that old runt randy the town drunk and porn king, but then agaian that
fits your style don;t it carol?

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:08:15 -0600, "Koi-lo"
wrote:
SNOOZE - I did not write this.

"Koi-lo" wrote in message
gy.net...
"Koi-lo" wrote in message
news

Old 28-01-2006, 08:56 PM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Gantz

Roy wrote:
Yes its evident the real whacko Carol aka koi lo did not write the
reply as it was too knowledgeable and preicse and certaily not a
canned reply or a copy paste from another website.......
In other words the reply was well made and stated, and correct unlike
your (Carol) posts are.......now its my turn.....DUH!! DUHHHH DUHHH,
ya old bimbo bitch ya need to go get a life and anew husband besides
that old runt randy the town drunk and porn king, but then agaian that
fits your style don;t it carol?

CArol is what Koi-lo does, fraud, lies and slander.

Old 28-01-2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.ponds,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Roy

Carol, aka Koi-lo has been known to impersonate folks, and then take
her typical actions against these so called posters........so in all
reality she is talking to herself and hopes in the process she can
drag unsuspecting individuals into her wacky world and create
problems. I wish I had a dollar for every post she said I made, when
in fact it was her and her sock puppets.......Trust me, when I respond
to her accusatins and bull that she vehemously spews, I do not mind
replying myself, without her help to make it look like I and others
replied to her crap...... duh! as Carol would say......DUH!