Old 05-02-2006, 12:21 AM posted to rec.ponds
Billy

Default question

Everything I have learned in my close to 15 years frequenting nntp
servers has taught me that rule #1 in handling trolls is to ignore
them. Deny them an audience, and they eventually go away. In my
experience, this works in almost every case. They will usually simply
seek another audience, of course.
However, in the 3 or 4 months since I subbed to rec.ponds due to
my budding interest in building a pond in my large back yard and
found this maelstrom of flamebait, I have seen nothing but continual
antagonism and feeding of the troll(s) in this group.
May I ask why? And before replying, recall that I have been
around ng's for a while, and my flameproof suit is heavily upgraded.

bv

Old 05-02-2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.ponds
Larry

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 16:21:49 -0800, "Billy"
wrote:

Everything I have learned in my close to 15 years frequenting nntp
servers has taught me that rule #1 in handling trolls is to ignore
them. Deny them an audience, and they eventually go away. In my
experience, this works in almost every case. They will usually simply
seek another audience, of course.
However, in the 3 or 4 months since I subbed to rec.ponds due to
my budding interest in building a pond in my large back yard and
found this maelstrom of flamebait, I have seen nothing but continual
antagonism and feeding of the troll(s) in this group.
May I ask why? And before replying, recall that I have been
around ng's for a while, and my flameproof suit is heavily upgraded.

Crossposting is heavy in this group due to participation by members
from religious type groups. Keep your finger on your killfilter
button. Not much else to do. Maybe after another 100 or so kill
files I will be receiving only a few off topic posts.

Larry
Old 05-02-2006, 01:40 AM posted to rec.ponds
Mr. Paul

wrote:

[...]

There is also the problem with trolls impersonating legitimate posters to ad
to the confusion and drive off the legitimate posters. This has been going
on for months. It's clear there are four trolls on this group wanting total
control. If everyone would killfile and completely ignore these people and
the their boorish threads, work around them so to speak, the group can
survive. However, they are allowing the few to ruin the group for many by
giving them total power. They do this by posting infrequently or not at
all.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:05 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

wrote:

Everything I have learned in my close to 15 years frequenting nntp
servers has taught me that rule #1 in handling trolls is to ignore
them. Deny them an audience, and they eventually go away. In my
experience, this works in almost every case. They will usually simply
seek another audience, of course.
However, in the 3 or 4 months since I subbed to rec.ponds due to
my budding interest in building a pond in my large back yard and
found this maelstrom of flamebait, I have seen nothing but continual
antagonism and feeding of the troll(s) in this group.
May I ask why? And before replying, recall that I have been
around ng's for a while, and my flameproof suit is heavily upgraded.

Hi Billy,

What I think is happening here, and what appears to be feeding, is just the
trolls talking to themselves at times. There is an ongoing feud, I think,
but with all the nym shifting here's my latest theory: it is one person
with multiple personalities attacking each other, and none of those
personalities will stop the feeding, they can't. We can only hope for
spontaneous combustion. ;o) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a
Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"~ jan jjspond" wrote in message
What I think is happening here, and what appears to be feeding, is just
the
trolls talking to themselves at times. There is an ongoing feud, I think,
but with all the nym shifting here's my latest theory: it is one person
with multiple personalities attacking each other, and none of those
personalities will stop the feeding, they can't. We can only hope for
spontaneous combustion. ;o) ~ jan

==================
If you would learn to read headers Jan, you would see there are FOUR
different people involved and several using remailers in one form or
another. Here, this may help you. Reading Headers: http://tinyurl.com/amm9s
There is no excuse for ignorance.

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
Troll Information:
http://tinyurl.com/9zbh
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 05-02-2006, 03:10 AM posted to rec.ponds,alt.free.newsservers,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc

Default Koi-Lo insults Jan was question

Koi-Lo wrote:
"~ jan jjspond" wrote in message
What I think is happening here, and what appears to be feeding, is just
the
trolls talking to themselves at times. There is an ongoing feud, I think,
but with all the nym shifting here's my latest theory: it is one person
with multiple personalities attacking each other, and none of those
personalities will stop the feeding, they can't. We can only hope for
spontaneous combustion. ;o) ~ jan

==================
If you would learn to read headers Jan, you would see there are FOUR
different people involved and several using remailers in one form or
another. Here, this may help you. Reading Headers: http://tinyurl.com/amm9s

There is no excuse for ignorance.

Said by the most ignorant human on Usenet.

and the evidence is right he
http://tinyurl.com/99azt
http://tinyurl.com/87ow4
http://tinyurl.com/d6t5m
http://tinyurl.com/aheek
http://tinyurl.com/ck97r
http://tinyurl.com/cm3dp
http://tinyurl.com/8bscg
http://tinyurl.com/7epdg
http://tinyurl.com/bya3z

Old 05-02-2006, 03:24 AM posted to rec.ponds,alt.free.newsservers,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Billy

And you yourself have compounded the problem with useless
crossposting. The original trolls are not the problem, it's the
people who rise to the bait.

--
¼á
wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 AM posted to rec.ponds,alt.free.newsservers,alt.aquaria,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Billy

Aye, you're correct, of course. I digress.

--
¼á
"CanadianCray" wrote in message
. ..
Pot calling kettle.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default Koi-Lo insults All

If you would learn to read headers Jan, you would see there are FOUR
different people involved and several using remailers in one form or
another. Here, this may help you. Reading Headers:
http://tinyurl.com/amm9s

And this from the person who said they had posted on topic for the last...
I don't know how long? Oh wait, that was you, playing a guy named Mr. Paul,
or wait, could have been a personality you're not even aware of, I've heard
that happens?

original post, Who's to say this one person... "did I say it was YOU?"
No, but we're so defensive WE just ASS U ME.... But I digress... who's to
say this one person, with multiple personalities doesn't have multiple
accounts and multiple computers for each personality, huh?

I've been trying to stay neutral, but apparently my side has been picked
for me.

As far as reading headers, GET A LIFE! Only reason I see any of your posts
is because someone carries it over. So I could careless about reading
headers.

Hop I gave you a thrill that you drew me out, woo hoo. Enough said. ~ j

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Old 05-02-2006, 07:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Anonymous" wrote in message

Wow, an anonymous user defending Carol, guess who that could be?

Mr.paul & Loupa Lu =

Except these two don't have an established history of posting here, except
to defend Carol, guess who it really is?

The real frugal ponder doesn't need an army of anonymous accounts to defend
themselves.

Old 05-02-2006, 08:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Koi-Lo insults All ( another SNOOZE impersonation to disrupt the group)

Another SNOOZE impersonation of Koi-Lo to disrupt the group.

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message
. com...

=================================

Old 05-02-2006, 08:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
Roy

Well snoozes posts or any others with the exception of "your" multiple
redundant posts to layout and explain everything, or call attention to
headers and such, that gets posted to try and defend your actions by
you, certainly outweight all those other posts not made by you and
your army of sock puppets and believers.........Your like a plague and
that plague needs to have a medication applied to it to make it go
away.............

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 14:32:14 -0600, "Koi-Lo"
wrote:
Another SNOOZE impersonation of Koi-Lo to disrupt the group.

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message
igy.com...
"Anonymous" wrote in message

Wow, an anonymous user defending Carol, guess who that could be?

Mr.paul & Loupa Lu =

Except these two don't have an established history of posting here, except
to defend Carol, guess who it really is?

The real frugal ponder doesn't need an army of anonymous accounts to
defend themselves.
=================================

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....
Old 05-02-2006, 09:39 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Another SNOOZE impersonation of Koi-Lo to disrupt the group.

You must be the cognizant personality posting. You need to check with your
little MP minions as the above is pot:kettle:black statement.

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a