Old 26-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Oingofan

Default Pump housing lids

I have a 4'x6' pump house that is pretty much buried in the ground. I
plan on putting a deck over it, but want to put some type of lid on
the pump house itself to keep out dirt/water. Has anyone built
anything like this? If so, any pictures? Thx!
Oingofan
Old 26-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Steve J. Noll

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:00:07 -0800, Oingofan
wrote:

I have a 4'x6' pump house that is pretty much buried in the ground. I
plan on putting a deck over it, but want to put some type of lid on
the pump house itself to keep out dirt/water. Has anyone built
anything like this? If so, any pictures? Thx!
Oingofan

My equipment is also buried in a pit and I also had planned to
cover it with a deck. I've changed the plan for the deck - decided
to surface the area with flagstone. I have fashioned a tinted Lexan
cover for the equipment pit.
Photos at: http://www.kissingfrogs.tv/morepond.html
Pit cover photo is about 2/3rds down the page.

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)
Old 26-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Lee Brouillet

Every time I look at your pond, Steve, I end up drooling all over myself.
That is one FINE project: you have much to be proud of.

Old 27-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Steve J. Noll

Thanks for the kind words, Lee.
If you're ever in the area be sure to drop by. The gate's always
open...

Old 01-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Cleveland Ponder

My pump house is about 3.5' x 5'. The walls which rise about 1.5"
above the ground are made of 1/2" PT plywood with 2x6 PT running
around the inside top. I have a 4x4 spanning the midpoint across the
width. The lid is made out of 1/2" PT plywood with a lip made from PT
1x2. I painted it to match the nearby rock and put a couple of pieces
of rock on it to help camouflage it. I also planted some decorative
grass around it.