Old 27-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default Waterlilies On line

Last year someone posted a great site for waterlilies
online. The variety and prices were great and I didn't
bookmark the site - Anyone Remember??
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Nedra

Hi Bonnie,

Jan posted this address this afternoon:

http://www.vjspondservice.com

Prices look really good.

Nedra

Old 28-03-2003, 03:08 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

RichToyBox wrote:
I think the one you refer to is http://ewaterlily.com/
--
RichToyBox

I think that is the one, thanks.

Old 28-03-2003, 03:08 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

Nedra wrote:
Hi Bonnie,

Jan posted this address this afternoon:

http://www.vjspondservice.com

Prices look really good.

Nedra

Thanks Nedra, I'll check that one out also. You can never
have too many choices :-)

Old 28-03-2003, 07:20 AM
Steve J. Noll

Here's something to consider when buying plants...
This problem may be rare - I sure hope it is.

I ordered my first water lilies (and some duckweed) last year from a
supplier in Colorado. I had just finished the pond and it was real
late in the season so I was anxious to get them. They didn't show up
when expected. Turns out they were caught up in Ag inspection.
They sat in a warehouse for over a week. One water lily died along
with all of the duckweed. It didn't do the remaining 6 lilies any
good for sure.

This was not the suppliers fault. They were nice about it.
For replacement I opted for them to make it up in water lily
fertilizer to avoid the Ag inspection risk again.

Anyway - just something to consider. If you have a choice between a
supplier in your own state and one out-of-state, if all else is equal
you might want to go with the one in-state. Maybe this was a freak
occurance or maybe it was due to increased inspections due to the West
Nile Virus?

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)
Old 28-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Steve J. Noll wrote:
Here's something to consider when buying plants...
This problem may be rare - I sure hope it is.

I ordered my first water lilies (and some duckweed) last year from a
supplier in Colorado. I had just finished the pond and it was real
late in the season so I was anxious to get them. They didn't show up
when expected. Turns out they were caught up in Ag inspection.
They sat in a warehouse for over a week. One water lily died along
with all of the duckweed. It didn't do the remaining 6 lilies any
good for sure.

This was not the suppliers fault. They were nice about it.
For replacement I opted for them to make it up in water lily
fertilizer to avoid the Ag inspection risk again.

Anyway - just something to consider. If you have a choice between a
supplier in your own state and one out-of-state, if all else is equal
you might want to go with the one in-state. Maybe this was a freak
occurance or maybe it was due to increased inspections due to the West
Nile Virus?

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)
| Glass Block Pond http://www.kissingfrogs.tv

Thanks for the warning, I have ordered many plants online.
I think last year it was anthrax scare that caused many
delays. The price difference between local and online make
risk worthwhile if I can order early enough.

Old 28-03-2003, 05:44 PM
John Rutz

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
Steve J. Noll wrote:

Here's something to consider when buying plants...
This problem may be rare - I sure hope it is.

I ordered my first water lilies (and some duckweed) last year from a
supplier in Colorado. I had just finished the pond and it was real
late in the season so I was anxious to get them. They didn't show up
when expected. Turns out they were caught up in Ag inspection.
They sat in a warehouse for over a week. One water lily died along
with all of the duckweed. It didn't do the remaining 6 lilies any
good for sure.
This was not the suppliers fault. They were nice about it.
For replacement I opted for them to make it up in water lily
fertilizer to avoid the Ag inspection risk again.

Anyway - just something to consider. If you have a choice between a
supplier in your own state and one out-of-state, if all else is equal
you might want to go with the one in-state. Maybe this was a freak
occurance or maybe it was due to increased inspections due to the West
Nile Virus?

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)
| Glass Block Pond http://www.kissingfrogs.tv

Thanks for the warning, I have ordered many plants online. I think last
year it was anthrax scare that caused many delays. The price difference
between local and online make risk worthwhile if I can order early enough.

i order 90% of my plants on line and have not had a problem like that as
of yet
--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so