Old 28-02-2003, 09:22 PM
Mick709

Default Are my waterlilies dead??? =(

Howdy all,
I have a horse trough on my back deck with waterlilies in that I drain and
bring in to the basement in the fall. I take the pots of lilies and place them
in a smaller tub of water to over-winter in the coal cellar. WELL, today I
looked in on em and they have ALOT of greyish fuzz (mould??) on the little
crown of stems poking above the soil. And these stems are black and break off
without any trouble at all. I did this same 'basement overwintering' last year
without a problem but dont remember any of this grey fuzz. Are my lilies
dead??? ( I hope not!) Anyone have any ideas or will I be purchasing new
lilies in the spring???

THANKS!
Mick!