Old 02-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Jim

Default Spring In Dallas

Hi, Everyone.

I wanted to let everyone know I'm still here and have been in lurk
mode the last few months. Work, kids, and household responsibilities
have kept me busy. I'm glad to see the regulars are doing well and
still here. In addition, I would like to extend a warm welcome those
new to the group. IMO, this newsgroup is the best source for pond info
on the net.

A special "get well" to my friend, Jerri. Glad to see you're back and
sharing your wisdom. Hang in there, kiddo!

My pond and veggie filter survived the mild winter in great shape. Due
to protection from wind and close proximity to my home, the water temp
never went below 45 and pumps were left running throughout the winter
months. In fact, one lily had leaves all fall/winter and several
other plants stayed green. Leaves and mulm were kept to a minimum and
fish were not fed when the temp dropped below 50. I've done some
minor spring maintenance and started feeding MediKoi once the water
temps stayed consistently above 53 degrees. I continued this diet for
3 weeks and am now feeding hi-protein growth pellets. Spawning
activity is evident with the two Sarassas Comets, but the Koi aren't
old enough to do so. Maybe next year.

My gravel bottom pond is off to a very good start. I'll be doing both
local pond tours this year and may make one of the Houston tours. as
well. I'll be sure to take pics to share with the group. In addition,
I've added a few things to my pond and will share them soon. I'll take
some pics in the next few days and post them to the website.

Happy Ponding!

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248
Old 02-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Russ and Cathy

Jim your pond is just unbelievably gorgeous!!!!! I am quite envious!! lol
Can i ask you what was your waterfall made out of? The picture of your
waterfall as you put it in looks like it is a preformed waterfall. I dont
think i have seen such an item around here. I will have to look more
closely. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pond pics.
Cathy
news:8C88257DDCE6DDE7.B2E5D1120ADDB747.74D51363A1C ...

Old 02-04-2003, 06:44 AM
jammer

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:43:56 -0600, Jim wrote:

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248

Great pond.
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 05-04-2003, 09:56 PM
~ jan

Jim,

Thanks for reporting in. Trying to explain your veggie filter to people
sometimes goes right over their heads. I sent your website off to the 200
some folks I now have on my JJ's Ponding Tidbit list. Should save me about
36,000 words, right? ;o) ~ jan

[...]

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 05-04-2003, 10:20 PM
John Rutz

~ jan wrote:
Jim,

Thanks for reporting in. Trying to explain your veggie filter to people
sometimes goes right over their heads. I sent your website off to the 200
some folks I now have on my JJ's Ponding Tidbit list. Should save me about
36,000 words, right? ;o) ~ jan

might as well make it 201 Jan,;-) I need all the help I can get:-(

John Rutz
spring is here but its wheels are stuck in the snow
see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 08-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Jim

Great pond

Thanks! Flattery will get you everywhere.

Old 08-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Jim

I need all the help I can get

Nice to see you made it through the winter months, John. I look
forward to seeing pics of this years expansion and changes to your
pond and filter setup.

Old 08-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Jim

Trying to explain your veggie filter to people
sometimes goes right over their heads.

I would think explaining my veggie filter would be easy for you.
After all, I learned quite a bit from you and some of the others here.

Old 08-04-2003, 03:56 PM
John Rutz

--

Ill be taking pics over the next couple months to show how it grows,
when I think it is looking good Ill put a new page(s) on the site

Old 12-04-2003, 05:56 AM
~ jan

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 22:31:35 -0500, Jim wrote:

Trying to explain your veggie filter to people
sometimes goes right over their heads.

I would think explaining my veggie filter would be easy for you.
After all, I learned quite a bit from you and some of the others here.
Jim

Gosh thanks bashful smile I think when I have time to compose on the
computer I do okay, but sometimes at club meetings when put on the spot all
I can come up with is: "Click to www. pondwebsite somewhere out there .com"
I have become so totally computer dependent. ;o) ~ jan