Old 06-04-2003, 01:56 AM
~ jan

Default Glue

DS used the glue Marine Goop on some aquarium tubing, but I guess it keeps
coming off. He wanted me to ask if using Elmer's Probond, polyurethane
glue, would be okay? TIA, ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 06-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

The flex of the tubing makes the Goop ineffective. Pet shops will have
inserts that can hold tubung together. The inner stiffness holds the tubing
on and sealed.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net

-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers

=-----

Old 07-04-2003, 05:32 AM
~ jan

This was on the hard tubing. A Fluval filter where the U shaped outlet
slips in, for some reason it is loose and falls off. Course now that I
asked him to show me what part, he's informed me that he's already put some
of the Elmer's on. So I guess we'll see if it toxic or not by
experimentation. s ~ jan