Old 06-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Fred

Default Yellowing lily leaves

Hey all,

Living in San Diego (Zone 9/10) I've got a lily that began sprouting leaves
about 2-3 weeks ago. However, the first few that came up are now turning
yellow and dying in the order in which they came up. Our weather hasn't
been that extreme - certainly no frosts with average temps in the mid to
high 60's, peaking into the 70s. Water chemistry, other than being a bit
hard (typical of san diego water), is all within normal limits.

Any ideas? Is this a sign of fertilization needs? Anything else?

While I'm at it, I've got an umbrella plant and Cyperus that were quite full
and prolific last fall, but have since lightened their color quite a bit and
a number of stalks are browning. Is this a normal reaction to the winter?
Should I cut the old growth back?

Obviously, relatively new to water gardening,

Fred

Old 07-04-2003, 04:56 PM
REBEL JOE

When mine turn yellow I pinch them off and new ones start up. I.m new
too but thats what I do.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 08-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Lisa Tetzlaff

Just a thought. What is your PH? Mine usually runs high, which is not a
problem except that any kind of change in the ecosystem of the pond such as
tempature effects the plants more than usual.

Old 08-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Lee Brouillet

My lily leaves usually only last 2-3 weeks, then I have to trim them back
(new ones promptly grow). There are some on this board that *swear* that
they can keep their for months, but I've never had that kind of luck here in
the warmer climes (I'm 9a/b). However lilies, especially the prolific ones,
require monthly (min.) fertilization.

Regarding the other plants, if they made it all through the winter, they may
just be old and need a haircut. Or they may need to be transplanted and/or
separated. Check the pots. And, of course, there's always the need to
fertilize in the Spring.

Good luck,
Lee

"Fred" wrote in message
[...]

Yellowing Leaves on a Lonicera "Japonica Hall's Prolific" Honeysuckle Alex Tegg United Kingdom 2 05-06-2003 09:20 AM
Bonsai Bamboo, yellowing leaves Chris Plant Biology 4 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Yellowing leaves on phals rick Orchids 5 23-03-2003 04:08 AM
Bonsai Bamboo, yellowing leaves rusty Plant Biology 0 23-02-2003 01:31 AM
Bonsai Bamboo, yellowing leaves and stalk Chris Bamboo 2 06-02-2003 07:03 AM