Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-03-2006, 07:57 AM posted to rec.ponds
-keevill-

Default Plants' soil makes water dirty

I've just finished an L shaped concrete pond about 20mts in length, 1m wide
and 1m deep. It's tiled with black ceramic tiles . I filled it about a month
ago to let the filter work and test the 3 outlets from the pump to make the
water flow around. There are 3 outlets around the L. The water was lovely
and clear as you would expect.
I recently introduced 5 small Carp ( about 6 inches long each ) and also
some water lilies and reeds which came in pots with soil . I just stuck
these pots into the water and surprise surprise, the water now is no longer
clear. I guess the movement of the water pushed out the soil from the pots
..What is the best way to allow the plants to exist in the pond yet keep the
water clear. I can take them out and turn off the pump and then when the
soil etc has gone the bottom, take it out but the same thing is going to
happen when I put them back.

Soil makes you happy! Ann Gardening 39 20-11-2007 10:37 PM
Water Makes a Big Difference Shiva Roses 4 24-06-2004 07:02 AM
Seachem Flourite dirty water? Peter Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:10 AM