Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman

Default Ideas for filtration on a small pond

I have finally got the nod to convert our little waterfall feature into
a small pond...it will be around 100 galls maybe a little more...depends
on how deep I can dig...and how far before hitting pipework...

We currently have a pump that takes the water from a small reservoir and
then feeds it back from the top as a waterfall - it is so many years
since we put it in I can't remember exactly what it is...but it was
always very efficient for the purpose...

My plan is for a few Shubunkin (2-4 max) and a lot of plants...I quite
like the idea of creating some sort of veggie filter at the top and am
very fond of eating watercress so that will probably be the chosen crop...

What I would like to know is if I need to add anything else in terms of
filtration....we can easily hide an external system and it is close to a
power outlet...

First of many questions, on this project, I'm sure

TIA
Gill