Old 10-04-2006, 06:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
Graham Johnson

Default Blanket weed

Has any body out there that suffers with blanketweed in there pond tried the
new Lotus Xterminator if so could you let me know what you think of it and
has it curred and got rid of the blanketweed my address is

Old 11-04-2006, 01:25 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:28:31 GMT, "Graham Johnson" wrote:

Has any body out there that suffers with blanketweed in there pond tried the
new Lotus Xterminator if so could you let me know what you think of it and
has it curred and got rid of the blanketweed my address is

We need to talk:

"SPECIFIED AMOUNT OF DISSOLVED COPPER TO THE WATER TO KILL BLANKETWEED
WITHOUT HARMING FISH OR OTHER PLANTS (NOT SAFE FOR MOLLUSCS)."

If you have a koi pond, you should be doing small frequent water changes,
thus the copper wouldn't build up to do any thing effective, imo.

Now if you're the type that never does a water change, copper, which isn't
going to go away by any other means, could potentially build up to non-
healthy levels, again imo.

If it can kill snails I wouldn't want it in my pond... and not because I'm
attached to my snails either. ;o) ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Blanket Weed (long post) David Hickman United Kingdom 3 11-07-2003 09:57 PM
Blanket weed David Williams Ponds (alternative) 8 30-06-2003 07:56 PM
Blanket weed stacey Ponds 2 30-06-2003 12:20 AM
Blanket weed as/is a veggie filter plant Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 2 27-04-2003 03:20 AM
Blanket weed on my baby water lilies eric United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 07:32 PM