Old 25-04-2006, 03:19 PM posted to rec.ponds
Marco Schwarz

Default Newts are back!

Hi..

Yesterday in the afternoon I saw a male newt "dancing" in
the shallow water zone and this morning another one
(female?) eating a small earthworm! :-)
--
cu
Marco
Old 25-04-2006, 03:35 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Moments before taking that leap of faith into the pond Marco Schwarz
at was heard opining:

Hi..

Yesterday in the afternoon I saw a male newt "dancing" in
the shallow water zone and this morning another one
(female?) eating a small earthworm! :-)
--

===============================
ALL RIGHT! :-))) We drained our 800g pond this past weekend and had to

Old 25-04-2006, 04:19 PM posted to rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
NeoTruthSeeker

Koi-Lo wrote:

--

===============================
ALL RIGHT! :-))) We drained our 800g pond this past weekend and had to
relocate several small frogs and about 25 newts! All were those small
green ones with red spots. We didn't see any of their spawn. We also
sometimes see the rarer, larger black and yellow newt.

Liar. If somebody said they had the loch ness monster in their pond, you
would say you have 2, and one of them is pregnant.

You are a liar.
Old 25-04-2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
Marco Schwarz

Hi..

We drained our 800g pond this past weekend and
had to relocate several small frogs and about 25 newts!

This is why I've summer ponds - less work to do (I'm a
little bit lazy!).. :-)

All were those small green ones with red spots.
We didn't see any of their spawn. We also sometimes
see the rarer, larger black and yellow newt.

Hmm.., I'm not familiar with North American newts. Do you
have some pics or links? Thanks.
--
cu
Marco
Old 25-04-2006, 05:36 PM posted to alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,rec.ponds
NeoTruthSeeker

Ð.Ô.C wrote:

"NeoTruthSeeker" totally obsessed with his victim - for solicitation of
murder Antonio L Santana wrote in message
You are a liar.

=======================
Here's the proof Carol is not a liar. There are more archived.

Nothing there about a two state investigation... go away liar.

Old 25-04-2006, 06:38 PM posted to rec.ponds
Snooze

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message

Hmm.., I'm not familiar with North American newts. Do you
have some pics or links? Thanks.

Behold the power of google and the american tax dollar.

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/

Old 25-04-2006, 07:45 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Hi..

We drained our 800g pond this past weekend and
had to relocate several small frogs and about 25 newts!

This is why I've summer ponds - less work to do (I'm a
little bit lazy!).. :-)

What are summer ponds? :-) Mine contain water all year long (except the
temporary spring pond from runoff) and draw newts and frogs like crazy. The
toads showed up a few days ago so now they're also out there doing their
thing.

All were those small green ones with red spots.
We didn't see any of their spawn. We also sometimes
see the rarer, larger black and yellow newt.

Hmm.., I'm not familiar with North American newts. Do you
have some pics or links? Thanks.

The book I have just calls them Spotted Salamanders so I guess technically
they're not newts.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 25-04-2006, 07:47 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Snooze" wrote in message
news
"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message

Hmm.., I'm not familiar with North American newts. Do you
have some pics or links? Thanks.

Behold the power of google and the american tax dollar.

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/
=======================
I found it the
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/ambymacu.htm
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 27-04-2006, 10:31 AM posted to rec.ponds
Marco Schwarz

Hi..

Behold the power of google and the american tax dollar.
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/

I found it the
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/ambymacu.htm

Thanks (to both of you) for that link(s)!
--
cu
Marco
Old 27-04-2006, 03:53 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Hi..

Behold the power of google and the american tax dollar.
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/

I found it the
http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/narcam/idguide/ambymacu.htm

Thanks (to both of you) for that link(s)!
--
cu
Marco

=====================
Those black and yellow ones are a lot larger than the more common green ones
with the red spots. Among the large number we removed from the pond was one
with similar markings to the others but had no red spots at all. probably
just a mutation.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
Aquariums since 1952.
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
*Note: There are several *Koi-Lo's* on
the pond and aquaria groups.

Our newts are back! Anthony Campbell Ponds (moderated) 1 08-04-2007 08:04 PM
Normal behaviour for newts ? James Cook Ponds 1 16-06-2003 10:20 PM
Newts Chris Rowe United Kingdom 11 10-06-2003 10:44 PM
Newts Chris Rowe United Kingdom 3 09-06-2003 05:20 PM
urgent help lizards/newts John Towill United Kingdom 4 08-11-2002 08:49 AM