Old 14-06-2006, 08:09 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Default Not so.Yellow Ogon

Over the last 24 hours, my two Yellow Ogon have turned a darkish grey,
except their tails.
We had storms and torrential rain yesterday, and water temp had dropped 4
degrees in that time.
Could that be the problem? Will it reverse?? Other ideas??
--

ßôyþëtë

Old 14-06-2006, 09:08 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Over the last 24 hours, my two Yellow Ogon have turned a darkish grey,
except their tails.
We had storms and torrential rain yesterday, and water temp had dropped 4
degrees in that time.
Could that be the problem? Will it reverse?? Other ideas??

======================
I have yellow Ogon and never saw this happen after a heavy rain and
temperature drop. I never saw it happen in their fry either. My biggest
koi, a female 7 or 8 years old, is a yellow Ogon. Her color never changes.
Please post back if you discover what caused the change of color. I'm
curious.......
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 14-06-2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Koi-Lo wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Over the last 24 hours, my two Yellow Ogon have turned a darkish
grey, except their tails.
We had storms and torrential rain yesterday, and water temp had
dropped 4 degrees in that time.
Could that be the problem? Will it reverse?? Other ideas??

======================
I have yellow Ogon and never saw this happen after a heavy rain and
temperature drop. I never saw it happen in their fry either. My
biggest koi, a female 7 or 8 years old, is a yellow Ogon. Her color
never changes. Please post back if you discover what caused the
change of color. I'm curious.......

I'm only a few months into pond/fish keeping. I'm not keen on netting them
for a better look, in case the stress is detrimental. All the fish were slow
to eat tonight............never known that before. I'll test the water
tomorrow evening (I'm in London UK).
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 14-06-2006, 09:52 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Koi-Lo wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
[...]

==========================
If something is wrong you may not want to wait that long. Loss of appetite
is not a good sign. That and changing color that quickly would have me out
there running every test I have. Could the torrential rain have caused a
serious rapid drop in PH and TDS (total dissolved solids)? Just a
suggestion, but I wouldn't wait.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 14-06-2006, 10:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Koi-Lo wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Koi-Lo wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know..........that's why I asked........I'm new to this. It's 10pm
here, I'm I have to go to bed .....up at 5am for work.
All the fish did eat eventually.........all the food given. I'll visually
check them before I go tomorrow. Thanks for your input
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 14-06-2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:09:03 +0100, "BoyPete" wrote:

Over the last 24 hours, my two Yellow Ogon have turned a darkish grey,
except their tails. We had storms and torrential rain yesterday, and water temp had dropped 4
degrees in that time. Could that be the problem? Will it reverse?? Other ideas??

Usually sudden color changes are related to water quality. So it will be
interesting to see what your's tests out to be. Besides pH you'll need to
test KH, buffering. Not enough buffering causes pH to crash. ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 15-06-2006, 12:00 AM posted to rec.ponds
Lone Gunner

I see Boi Pete is back to droll all over Koi Lo some more, I hope this
itme he remembers to mop uo the floor. The degenerate little puke. I
bet Pete Boi screws his Ogon, and hollers out Oh Carolyn, Oh Carolyn.
But he oculd also holler out Oh, Randy. Oh Randy......But I have a
question for little pete boi.Wjhat makes that yellow stripe up the
middle of your back there boi?

Old 15-06-2006, 12:02 AM posted to rec.ponds
Lone Gunner

Reall says who? Carolyn Gulley must have taught this Jsan everythng
she knows.......O have a fe minutes tel me all you know Jan, but leave
ouot your love affair for Caroloyn Gulley. The remaining knowledge
should fill a 3 minute window if you stutter.

Old 15-06-2006, 07:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Lone Gunner

Hello there sissy boy pete
See what urinating in your pond does, it makes the fishes color fade
out. Shitting in the water causes different problems so thats not the
cause.

wrote:

Over the last 24 hours, my two Yellow Ogon have turned a darkish
grey,
except their tails. We had storms and torrential rain yesterday, and
water temp had dropped 4 degrees in that time. Could that be the
problem? Will it reverse?? Other ideas??

Usually sudden color changes are related to water quality. So it will
be interesting to see what your's tests out to be. Besides pH you'll
need to test KH, buffering. Not enough buffering causes pH to crash.
~ jan --------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

PH 8/Ammonia 0/nitrite 0/nitrate 0. I don't have a test for KH.
However, one Ogon is beggining to return to it's proper colour, the other
remains dark grey except it's tail. I'm still going with the torrential rain
theory.....it mutr have been icey cold, and the water level rose by approx
an inch. All fish fed well, and normally tonight.

Old 15-06-2006, 11:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:31:22 +0100, "BoyPete" wrote:

PH 8/Ammonia 0/nitrite 0/nitrate 0. I don't have a test for KH.

Rain usually dilute the buffering. Test pH at dusk and dawn, if there is a
swing of more than .4-.5 you need buffering. ~ jan
-----------------
Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

Old 16-06-2006, 01:32 PM posted to rec.ponds
Lone Gunner

Read yet the other posts made by JanJ there Pete Boy, she is basically
telling you to take hike as she is throwing in the towel in the
rec.ponds group. You need to go sign up in ther google sanctuary.
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

Old 16-06-2006, 10:43 PM posted to rec.ponds
BoyPete

Lone Gunner wrote:
Read yet the other posts made by JanJ there Pete Boy, she is basically
telling you to take hike as she is throwing in the towel in the
rec.ponds group. You need to go sign up in ther google sanctuary.
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

'Lone' gunner....... I'm not suprised.

Old 16-06-2006, 10:53 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Yea he is an asshole ain't he Pete. I want tot suck your dick Pete Boy

Love ya Carol Gulley

Old 16-06-2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

Give me a call sometime Pete.....my address and telephone number is
plastered all over the internet and these groups...I am easy to find
and easy to lay.