Old 29-06-2006, 02:16 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Pondless waterfall idea?

Hi All.

I have an idea for a pondless waterfall using an existing irrigation
system and I'd like to hear your reactions to it.

The planned waterfall will be run intermittently when we are outside
enjoying the patio and sun, say 2-3 hours at a time 3-4 days a week.

My plan is to run a 1" line from a nearby irrigation manifold to the
top of the waterfall into a waterfall wier. I have a well and this way
the well pump would be used to provide the water just as it does for
the irrigation system. I would also use the irrigation control panel
to control the waterfall. The well pump is powerful and would provide
plenty of water. I will probably add a control valve to the line
feeding the waterfall so I can limit the amount of water going into the
waterfall

At the bottom of the waterfall I would dig a pit, place a receptacle
like a sumppump container, and then run a 4" exit line using drain
tile. The drain tile would run downhill to either a fabric-lined pit
filled with gravel or an existing pond. So, this system would not
recirculate. The power would come from the existing well pump and the
water would drain into a gravel pit or a pond.

What do you think? Do you see any problems with this system? It seems
so simple but I've search far and wide and haven't run across a similar
system. I fear I'm missing something important. Any advise would be
appreciated!

Rick

Old 29-06-2006, 02:39 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wëndãlen©

me thinks your a ****ing scatter brain that wrote a lot but did not
say a dam thing. Go set down, have a couple of beers and then give it
another go.

First off no one really cares if it is used when yourr ousidet or not
outside on a Monday or a Friday and how often its used.its
irrevalent, same for its water source............get to the basics and
the facts and don;t bore us with trival shit!

Old 29-06-2006, 02:43 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Hey dumbass if its a pondless water fall what the hell are you doing
posting it in the ponds group.You need to post it in the
rec.pondless.jerkoffs group.

Old 29-06-2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Crawfish

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All.

I have an idea for a pondless waterfall using an existing irrigation
system and I'd like to hear your reactions to it..... snip.

This NG is rendered unusable by trolls.
Posters are being impersonated and verbally abused.
Headers are being forged in other people's names.
There are forged messages with obscene content.
You can be their next victim.

You can join troll free groups at:

A UK forum that welcomes people from all over:
http://www.pond.t-hill.com/

Koiphen also discusses all aspects of pond and fishkeeping.
http://koiphen.com

For aquarium fish:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium or

Puregold which also discusses koi, ponds, etc.
http://groups.google.com/group/Puregold

Check them out.

Old 29-06-2006, 07:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

I have an idea for a pondless waterfall using an existing irrigation
system and I'd like to hear your reactions to it..... snip.

Sounds like a good plan.

You can join troll free groups at:

For aquariums & PONDS, many old time rec.ponders are he
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium

~ jan
-----------------

Also ponding troll free at:
http://groups.google.com/group/The-Freshwater-Aquarium
Old 29-06-2006, 08:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wëndãlen©

Ah he would rather hang with those rotten toothed brits. That Poind
forum needs all the help it can possible get even if its stupid assed
ideas like pondlless dweeb.

Old 29-06-2006, 08:22 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wëndãlen©

Im allconfused with all these socks I was told to use.... i can't
tell whats mine ... Every one pretty well knows the majority of the
posts made in CArol s
name are made by me Roy and not made by enimes of Carol so just
how do you all figure this helps us out. My name is already trash
just like the groups I trashed nym changing every 5 minutes.

Some of my socks.
Shastadaisey
Wendalen
Wëndãlen©
Roy
HawgFish
Ontario Ponder
Ed-Roy-Lo
Roy-Ed
-ED
Cuttysark
Roy-Wendalen
Shastadaisey-Roy

You can reach -Ed Alston at

Old 01-07-2006, 02:09 PM posted to rec.ponds
J.D. Stone

wrote in message
[...]

Seems like it would work fine. However, I am not quite sure I fully
understand. Your method runs the water through the waterfall and out a drain
system basically. Will you get value from the water you run through the
waterfall, i.e. irrigation or something else useful? If not, since you go to
the trouble of building the waterfall and a sump, why not just add a pump
and recirculate it? That way you could run it whenever you want but not
waste water. 'Course if you do go to an existing pond this would be one way
of a water exchange that is also enjoyable. Good luck with the project!
JD
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone/

Old 01-07-2006, 04:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Who the hell is buying thew ater, yu CArol He is doing what he wants
to do, and not soliciting crap from a few assholes such as your self.
Its a dumbassed idea any way yu look at it so I can see why yu jumped
n this post .....dumbass shit attracts dumbasses like yo huh carol?
Yu freaking dumbass
On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:17:48 -0500, Köi-Lö
wrote:

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

roups.com...

Old 01-07-2006, 04:17 PM posted to rec.ponds
Köi-Lö

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All.

I have an idea for a pondless waterfall using an existing irrigation
system and I'd like to hear your reactions to it.

================================
Why not buy a small pond water pump and re-circulate the water? Just watch
for evaporation and make sure you keep the pump area full. Much less wear
and tear on your regular pump and less wasted water.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

How to Build a Pondless Waterfall bardenmatt Edible Gardening 1 20-04-2011 08:39 AM
pondless waterfalls SC guy Ponds 5 24-05-2005 08:00 PM
pondless waterfall mark Ponds 6 03-06-2004 05:09 AM
Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? Runner Ponds 0 03-12-2003 03:43 PM
Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? Runner Ponds 0 03-12-2003 03:32 PM