Old 15-04-2003, 11:56 PM
mad

Default Thinking About Pond???????????

i went to the "invite friends" area and sent the invitation to myself. when
the invitation arrived in my inbox i clicked on the picture that took me to
my page. i then highlighted the URL in the address line on my internet
exploder and copied it to the body of a new email, which i then sent to
myself. then i copied it to my signature tag or sent it to friends.

it use to be that you could just copy the url off the invitation itself, but
they changed their invitation method and canceled that.

i hope this is clear. if not, email me at mfar AT brooksdata DOT net and
i'll try to help you again.
mad
--
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an
accordian. You just leave a lot of useless, noisy baggage behind!"

From: "Bill"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:21:08 GMT
Subject: Thinking About Pond???????????

"mad" wrote :

I am glad to see someone else as desperate for a pond as I am... or
almost.

I have now had the courage to post some photos of my "pond?" on
Webshots, but I can't seem to get a link to it. All the links are to my edit
page... how did you get your short link.

---

Old 15-04-2003, 11:56 PM
John Rutz

Bill wrote:
Never mind... didn't refresh...

Here is what happens when you really want a pond and can't wait until
all the plans come together.

http://community.webshots.com/album/69724870SDLYVK

---

-- nice thing about ponds like that----- no such thing as pond in the
wrong place, and too much trouble to change it :-)

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 16-04-2003, 12:09 AM
mad

a multi-bucket pond. sounds good to me! and as for a lawsuit, perhaps you
could put up a stacked brick barrier around the buckets.

i have never heard of a rain lily. it looks like water hyacinth to me.

as for guppies, i'm not sure they will last long in a pond but i suspect
they eat mesquito larvae on your porch there, which is definitely a good
thing.

mad
--
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Old 16-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Bill

"John Rutz" wrote :

-- nice thing about ponds like that----- no such thing as pond in the
wrong place, and too much trouble to change it :-)

True. Plus a 1/3 water change comes in a handy jug.

---

Old 16-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Bill

"mad" wrote :

a multi-bucket pond. sounds good to me! and as for a lawsuit, perhaps you
could put up a stacked brick barrier around the buckets.

I just stay poor so that no one is tempted to sue me.

i have never heard of a rain lily. it looks like water hyacinth to me.

The rain lily is the pink flower next to the walk.

as for guppies, i'm not sure they will last long in a pond but i suspect
they eat mesquito larvae on your porch there, which is definitely a good
thing.

The ones in the buckets in the ground have been there for 3 years, they
learn not to come to the surface when the birds are around. Since I live in
Florida, I don't have to worry too much about temps.

---

Old 16-04-2003, 01:56 AM
mad

that might work! LOL
mad
--
"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by
reading, the few who learn by observation and the

From: "Bill"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:19:43 GMT

Old 17-04-2003, 12:20 AM
RichToyBox

mad,

On the first page of my web site, you will see along the lower edge of my
larger pond the pots of pink rain lilies, and the pots of purple wave
petunias.
--
RichToyBox

Old 19-04-2003, 03:08 AM
mad

thanks, rich. they're pretty. i had never seen them before.
mad
--
You're just jealous because the voices are
talking to me and not you!