Old 15-01-2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Somewhere new to for fishy talk

Derek Broughton wrote:
BoyPete wrote:

Derek Broughton wrote:
Karl Davis wrote:

"BoyPete" wrote in message
http://www.karlsforums.com/forums/fo...ay.php?fid=104

^^^^ is now available for discussion of all things pond and
aquarium related. Feel free to sign up, and join in.

Hi Pete, just a quick note for anyone who is interested in posting
in this new forum. Registration is free but required to post on the
forums and to see all of the posts, though some are viewable to
guests.

See, that's why we want a Usenet forum...

'See'? See what exactly?

The very first thing you have to do is register. No thanks.

Derek, may I ask why? The only personal info required is a valid email,
which is not visible.
I'd like anyone with a a genuine interest to join us.
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 15-01-2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.ponds

Dam Pete

Derek is a fugitive from interpol and if he registered then scottland
yard and the FBI woul dnnow his email address, and his ISP, and would
be able to zero in on him and take him into custody.

Just do us all a favor. You all got the infamous loser CArol Gulley
aka Zebulon, aka Reel McKoi aka Koi Lo, aka Wendalen, Aka Windsong,
and aka a bunch more user ids. So whil eyo have her please lock the
freaking forums door and keep her there. I know folks will gladly pay
to send moneyt to buy her twinkies and budweisers as long as yu can
keep her sorry ass confined in one spot and off of USENET..

Oh there is a few of us with wagers placed on just how long CArol is
gonna remain a member in favorable or contributing status........ya
want in on the action? Just wait until she gets her good old buddy Ed
Alston aka -ED, aka Legion to sign up.......it wil be their forum
then........as they will se that it gets trashed wquicker than Karl
can delete their accounts.......Its happened to many times before in
too many other forums.......go ask the folks at Koishack or Koiphen or
KoiVet about Ed Alston and Carol Gulley....and Carol wa instrumental
in bringing down one former members web based forum he had
setup......Benign Vanilla.......Taking that forum apart was alll done
by CArol and Ed . And ask her about Frugalmachinist forum and webiste
too.....that was yet again her doing.......with Ed Alstons help!

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:38:10 -0000, "BoyPete"
wrote:

Derek Broughton wrote:
BoyPete wrote:

-------
Old 16-01-2007, 05:33 PM posted to rec.ponds

BoyPete wrote:

The very first thing you have to do is register. No thanks.

Derek, may I ask why? The only personal info required is a valid email,
which is not visible.
I'd like anyone with a a genuine interest to join us.

I hate web forums. Google Groups is almost acceptable, because I can get
everything as email, but it has problems too.

Web forums encourage people not to quote. In fact, on a couple of mail
lists I subscribe to that are gated to web forums, forum posters get
annoyed with quoting. That means I often can't read conversations
_conversationally_ (different web software does it better or worse - but
none as good as my new reader).

I don't even like the idea of moderated newsgroups, but I'm driven to it...
--
derek
Old 16-01-2007, 06:23 PM posted to rec.ponds

Derek Broughton wrote:
BoyPete wrote:

The very first thing you have to do is register. No thanks.

Derek, may I ask why? The only personal info required is a valid
email, which is not visible.
I'd like anyone with a a genuine interest to join us.

I hate web forums. Google Groups is almost acceptable, because I can
get everything as email, but it has problems too.

Web forums encourage people not to quote. In fact, on a couple of
mail lists I subscribe to that are gated to web forums, forum posters
get annoyed with quoting. That means I often can't read conversations
_conversationally_ (different web software does it better or worse -
but none as good as my new reader).

I don't even like the idea of moderated newsgroups, but I'm driven to
it...

Two ways to post On Karls Forum. The reply button, which will add your post
to the end of the thread, or more useful, the quote button, which the
majority use. Just snip any previous quoted material not relevant to you
post. Quite easy really
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 16-01-2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.ponds

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Two ways to post On Karls Forum. The reply button, which will add your
post to the end of the thread, or more useful, the quote button, which the
majority use.

Just snip any previous quoted material not relevant to you
post. Quite easy really

========================
I like it when they use the "quote" as it's easier to follow the threads or
conversation. :-) I'm finally getting the hang of it.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 16-01-2007, 10:03 PM posted to rec.ponds

Zëbulon wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Two ways to post On Karls Forum. The reply button, which will add
your post to the end of the thread, or more useful, the quote
button, which the majority use.

Just snip any previous quoted material not relevant to you
post. Quite easy really

========================
I like it when they use the "quote" as it's easier to follow the
threads or conversation. :-) I'm finally getting the hang of it.

--
ßôyþëtë

Takes time, but it's quite good when you 'get the hang of it'

A fishy way to cut back your plants Dave Hill United Kingdom 2 14-10-2007 12:55 PM
Some Fishy Facts Derek Moody United Kingdom 0 14-07-2004 01:18 AM
Fishy behavior? Goldlexus Ponds 6 04-07-2004 03:02 AM
Trout lily is a fishy name Darren Garrison Gardening 14 12-04-2004 08:02 AM
Need Fishy Help LeeAnne Ponds 3 27-08-2003 07:22 PM