Old 30-03-2007, 03:23 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default RPM

About all I can say is that mistakes were made, and we'll continue to
make them, hopefully fewer as we go along. Someone else said: "Let
he who is without sin cast the first stone."
--
Galen Hekhuis
Illiterate? Write for FREE help
Old 02-04-2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default RPM So Galen is the fall guy for RPM's blunders

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:35:41 -0600, ~Roy~
wrote:

So what your saying is this pleading of being stupid when it comes to
moderating a group is your "out" to block or ban those you do not
agree with or care about. Using such an excuse is even more dispicable
than admitting that you all knowingly ban folks Galen, plain and
simple...Derek has taught you all very well......

Got to put the brakes on you there. I've been writing code for some
time, and while I'm retired now, there isn't much different about
newsgroup headers since then. Changing nyms and addresses and whatnot
is as trivial then as it is now. Virtually everything that appears in
newsgroup headers can be forged or faked. It is not stupid to say
that it is impossible to ban people using the information in newsgroup
headers, it is just reality. I *am* incredibly stupid about some
(most) things, this is just not one of them. I'm sure that Derek
could teach me many things, but I already know this myself.

--
Galen Hekhuis
"Mistakes were made"
Old 02-04-2007, 06:19 PM posted to rec.ponds

You did not really answer the question Galen.
No one gives a flip about code or software. You and the others
arbitrarily block or restrict posts by foks based on name alone not
content....plain and simple as out of over a dozen and a half posts I
made probbaly 14 were dead within the criteria to pass on through yet
not a one of them made it to the group. Why is that. NOw tell me its
software..I think not, tell me its Derek or others putting the brakes
on my posts and I'll most definately agree with you 100%......its the
way you all intend to moderate and BAN those you deem undesireable to
participate in the group..contrary to what you all so called swore
would not happen in the rfd's that were held. You all blatantl;y go
away from the charter and policy when it comes to certain posters
mainoly because yuo all do not want other folks to know all the facts
and your all great at evading the issues at
hand.......Rec.ponds.moderated is nothing but a bunch of hipocrites,
plain and simple who never ever had the first inclination to ever
ever govern and moderate posts according to their charter. None of yu
had any intent of going by the charter from the get go......and like I
said, assholes like Derek follow this exact principal and you all have
learned form him in doing exactly that......I may be lots of things
but I certainly am nnot a sucker or fall guy for an asshole like you
appear to be Galen......and yes, I agree, with some others, you and
the rest lack any morale fiber or you all would not block or ban posts
by name of poster........Hipocrites and bullshitters that pulled the
wool over BIG 8's eyes with their crying and bellyacheing knowing full
well they were lying all along about rp not being useable......

-------
Old 02-04-2007, 07:00 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:19:12 -0500, ~Windsong~
wrote:

You did not really answer the question Galen.
No one gives a flip about code or software.

Some of us have had to pay attention to the software. There has to be
a machine that will accept the articles mailed to us, present them for
moderation, and then convert approved ones into posting format. It
isn't hard, but it is tedious, and there is a fair amount of it, that
is where the software comes in -- it handles much of that. Then there
are obvious email spams, the "make more money" scams or the letters
from Nigeria, the moderators would like to deal with that stuff as
little as possible.

You and the others
arbitrarily block or restrict posts by foks based on name alone not
content....plain and simple as out of over a dozen and a half posts I
made probbaly 14 were dead within the criteria to pass on through yet
not a one of them made it to the group.

A simple check would be for you and a friend to make the same
identical post. If your post didn't make it and your friend's did, it
would be pretty conclusive that the problem is on our end. You might
indeed be caught up somewhere so that each and every post you make is
rejected by the software. The software we use now is proprietary, we
don't have the source code to check and we have to rely on someone
else to make changes for us. We can't fix stuff right away. I don't
think anyone is running a concerted effort to reject your posts. I
haven't rejected any, and even if someone is rejecting all your posts
they have to sleep sometime -- you'd think something would get
through.

Why is that. NOw tell me its
software..I think not, tell me its Derek or others putting the brakes
on my posts and I'll most definately agree with you 100%......

I don't think so. It isn't beyond the realm of possibility, but I
very much doubt it.

its the
way you all intend to moderate and BAN those you deem undesireable to
participate in the group..

If you think it can be done, show me the code.

contrary to what you all so called swore
would not happen in the rfd's that were held. You all blatantl;y go
away from the charter and policy when it comes to certain posters
mainoly because yuo all do not want other folks to know all the facts
and your all great at evading the issues at
hand.......Rec.ponds.moderated is nothing but a bunch of hipocrites,
plain and simple who never ever had the first inclination to ever
ever govern and moderate posts according to their charter. None of yu
had any intent of going by the charter from the get go......and like I
said, assholes like Derek follow this exact principal and you all have
learned form him in doing exactly that......I may be lots of things
but I certainly am nnot a sucker or fall guy for an asshole like you
appear to be Galen......

Oh, oh. Nah, too easy.

and yes, I agree, with some others, you and
the rest lack any morale fiber or you all would not block or ban posts
by name of poster........Hipocrites and bullshitters that pulled the
wool over BIG 8's eyes with their crying and bellyacheing knowing full
well they were lying all along about rp not being useable......

So how do you *really* feel?
--
Galen Hekhuis
"Mistakes were made"
Old 02-04-2007, 07:44 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default RPM moderators still do not know how to use the software

On 2 Apr 2007 11:24:00 -0700, wrote:

Again I must ask why did the Board allow a group to be created when
the moderators do not know how to use the software?

I can't speak for them but I suspect it is because no one ever really
knows the software except the authors, and often even they can't
anticipate everything.
--
Galen Hekhuis

"Mistakes were made"

Old 02-04-2007, 08:56 PM posted to rec.ponds

We sure can count on one thing though. Galen will always make an
excuse for his fellow mods and rpm in general......right or wrong, h
will make an excuse for them.

So while your on a roll here Galen, why are my posts not passing a d
what has the mod team been ding to prevent and stop Derek as well as
what have 7yu all been dong to address the situation of your contempt
at banning folks by name not content...yea like your gona tell the
truth anyhow.

Old 02-04-2007, 09:36 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 14:56:33 -0500, ~Windsong~
wrote:

We sure can count on one thing though. Galen will always make an
excuse for his fellow mods and rpm in general......right or wrong, h
will make an excuse for them.

I thought I'd start out with the truth, but you want an excuse. Well,
we (the moderators) were just having an enjoyable picnic when we were
attacked by a pack of polar bears. We had a whole pile of posts and I
guess in the panic yours got left behind when we ran. Sorry about
that.

So while your on a roll here Galen, why are my posts not passing a d
what has the mod team been ding to prevent and stop Derek as well as
what have 7yu all been dong to address the situation of your contempt
at banning folks by name not content...yea like your gona tell the
truth anyhow.

My dog ate them?
Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 PM posted to rec.ponds

Don't give up your day job to take on the role of
comedian........you'll starve.....So you all still beat aroound the
bush just to keep from telling the facts....typical for such a bunch
of based moderators. Like I said, your pretty well pegged as the
Excuse man or fall guy....

rpm Tristan Ponds 1 05-01-2007 05:36 AM
Roy "Tristan" Hauer fights rpm moderators round two Welcome to news.groups.proposals! Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:38 PM