Old 28-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Kodiak

Default Huge Indoor Pond Tubs?

Does anyone here know of any other links to tubs like these
similar or bigger? I want to build an indoor POND, am I nuts or what?

http://www.rubbermaid.com/hpd/consum...hirdMenuIndex=

....Kodiak.

Old 28-09-2003, 11:44 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:15:28 -0400, "Kodiak" wrote:

Does anyone here know of any other links to tubs like these
similar or bigger? I want to build an indoor POND, am I nuts or what?

http://www.rubbermaid.com/hpd/consum...hirdMenuIndex=

...Kodiak.

No nuttier than the rest of us who have the $pace to do so. ;o)

If you have a Ranch & Home or farm equipment store near you, there is a
cheaper version to the Rubbermaid tank. It has smooth sides and no drain
hole at the bottom (that might leak). Unfortunately I don't remember the
brand name. Anyone? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 29-09-2003, 04:31 AM
Mickey

I used landscaping timbers and a rubber liner and built my 300 gallon indoor
pond for about $128.00. That was everything including the screws.

.. .

Old 29-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Indoor ponds can be a very good asset, especially during winter or when you
want to control the conditions for a hospital tank. However, before you look
at the stock tanks, consider the SIZE of them: you may not be able to
squeeze them through doorways or get them down stairs. Two alternative
suggestions come to mind: a)
http://www.pondrx.com/shop/details.p...tId=38&catId=5 These are
collapsible tanks that can be used for shows (their original intention) or
for hospital/quarantine tanks, or ... for inside use, ponds. Even outside,
they'll last several years of constant use. They have a 1.25" drain that can
be used to rig a bottom drain or circulation. And they can be taken apart
and stored in a very small space in very short order. And the b) part of the
suggestion is just as Mickey suggested: build one on site from 4 x 4's and
plywood, using a liner. Remember that if you're in a cold area and are
placing the tank on concrete, use some kind of insulation between the
concrete and the liner bottom. You may also wish to invest in a waterbed
heater or two to place between the liner and whatever the bottom is: this
will help you to regulate the heat in the pondlet better.

Hope this helps, and good luck! Let us know what you decided to do!

Lee

.. .

Old 29-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Gary Rich

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:15:28 -0400, "Kodiak" wrote:

Does anyone here know of any other links to tubs like these
similar or bigger? I want to build an indoor POND, am I nuts or what?

http://www.rubbermaid.com/hpd/consum...hirdMenuIndex=

...Kodiak.

No nuttier than the rest of us who have the $pace to do so. ;o)

If you have a Ranch & Home or farm equipment store near you, there is a
cheaper version to the Rubbermaid tank. It has smooth sides and no drain
hole at the bottom (that might leak). Unfortunately I don't remember the
brand name. Anyone? ~ jan

I've got a 400 gal that sounds like what you are talking about. It has
no brand name on it anywhere. It was $100 at the local feed store.

Old 29-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Gareee©

For a inexpensive indoor "pond", you can pick up those walmart kid's pools
VERY cheap right now.. $2.50, if you can find them.

To color them, while also at wal-mart, pic up a can of spray paint.. Krylon
Fusion.. It bonds molecularly to the plastic, and is scratch resistant.

You'll have a 4-5 diameter pool for less the $10!

Put some potted plants around it, and a small spitter/fountain inside, and
you are good to go!

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Old 30-09-2003, 03:40 AM
mad

unfortunately, i don't remember the name of mine, either. the name is
submerged and covered with sweater algae. when i clean it for the winter,
i'll try to remember to look.
mad

--
_---V