Old 28-04-2003, 06:20 PM
K30a

Default Toad alert!

Wow! Sallie, you've got a lot on
your plate, er kibble dish, with toads
in the yard!

We have adopted a bunch of pacific tree frog eggs from jj's pond. They are in
the frog bog and if we dare take a step in the bog
we get lectured and chased out. We want to know how long it is going to take
for
the dang eggs to hatch and turn into
frogs. Mom says they can take all the time
they want. That was not the answer we
were looking for.

Rosie and Heidi
the watergardening labradors
Old 29-04-2003, 12:32 AM
zookeeper

Masud and Nila, pharaoh hounds, reporting in from Oregon:

Mama and Papa duck must have decided to nest close by; one of their
ducklings was chased into our pond this weekend by one of the
neighborhood cats. Our Mom wouldn't let us go outside to investigate --
we were forced to stand at the patio door, barking and jumping and
trying to push the door open (Masud he I told Nila the door slides
side to side, but, nooo, she kept insisting that we could push it
open!!) Mom went outside and scared the cat away, then the duckling
climbed out of the pond, even using its beak to assist, then ran off
through the neighbor's yard.

The ducklings are still out there somewhere -- we heard them again this
morning, silly things, but we couldn't find them. They didn't come out
when we barked ...

No toads here; or frogs since the big bullfrog was found floating two
years ago. Mom thinks we should gather toadpoles from the mudpuddle down
the street, silly lady.

Oh, and Little One is still watching the koi, which she can see a little
better now that Mom has used her big shop vac to clear away some of the
koi mud and leaves. We can see how much help she'll be this summer
keeping the marauding cats and racoons away from the pond.
--
Masud and Nila, pharaoh hounds

Don wrote:
Sallie the bulldog he

It's like a B horror movie ...

On Friday night there were hundreds of toads! Well, maybe five. It was
spooky seeing them swimming and hopping around in the dark.

I just chased the ducks away and now there are toads!

The first toad. BOO HOO!!!!!!! jammer Ponds 17 12-04-2003 07:32 AM
Toad song begins...crickets on speed Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 7 06-04-2003 09:20 AM
Toad Beak 21 Ponds (alternative) 1 26-03-2003 08:32 PM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM
to "Toad" Faye Lifford-Earle Gardening 1 04-02-2003 01:19 AM