Old 24-02-2003, 11:00 PM
~ jan

Default BZT - Ponder's Special

I got this today via e-mail regarding BZT:

http://www.united-tech.com/preseasonspecial.html

~ jan (Don't work for 'em, just a satisfied customer.)

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 20-05-2003, 10:08 PM
*muffin*

Jan,

this stuff is pretty expensive ( looking at website it sells for $71. for
1#)
just how much do you use in the pond? is it reallly worth it?

Old 21-05-2003, 02:32 AM
~ jan

On Tue, 20 May 2003 16:40:40 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

this stuff is pretty expensive ( looking at website it sells for $71. for
1#) just how much do you use in the pond? is it reallly worth it?

You don't need a pound, only what would last you 2 years max. A 2000 gallon
pond will use 8 oz in 2 years. I thought they had some smaller containers
on the website?

Anyone else order a smaller amount this year? I'm still using up last years
order. ~ jan

Old 21-05-2003, 03:08 AM
D. S.

If I remember correctly, don't you have to tell them you want the ponders
special to get the 8oz?

Darin

Old 21-05-2003, 03:44 AM
*muffin*

it was only good till the first part of april.

soooo how much exactly DO you put in the pond & how often?
& is it worth it??

Old 21-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Nedra

Yes it is worth it! ... the instructions follow:

1 Tablespoon for every 1,000 gallons of water. Swish in
a glass of pond water until dissolved then pour it around
the perimeter of your pond.

Two weeks later....
I use the same as above... I think the instructions say to
only use 1 1/2 tsp per 1,000 gallons.

You can see why it lasts so long ....
also, do you really think we would all use if it weren't
"worth" it??

Nedra

Old 21-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

~ jan wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2003 16:40:40 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

this stuff is pretty expensive ( looking at website it sells for $71. for
1#) just how much do you use in the pond? is it reallly worth it?

You don't need a pound, only what would last you 2 years max. A 2000 gallon
pond will use 8 oz in 2 years. I thought they had some smaller containers
on the website?

Anyone else order a smaller amount this year? I'm still using up last years
order. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

The website only has the larger containers. If you call
them and request the "Ponders Special" they will send you
a smaller container of BZT 8 ozs. for $34.45 plus shipping.
But you must call 918-610-5205

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 21-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

*muffin* wrote:
it was only good till the first part of april.

That was at the sale price - it is still available at $34.45
plus shipping. I received mine last week.

"D. S." wrote in message

If I remember correctly, don't you have to tell them you want the ponders
special to get the 8oz?

Darin

. ..

Old 21-05-2003, 03:32 PM
John Rutz

~ jan wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2003 16:40:40 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

this stuff is pretty expensive ( looking at website it sells for $71. for
1#) just how much do you use in the pond? is it reallly worth it?

You don't need a pound, only what would last you 2 years max. A 2000 gallon
pond will use 8 oz in 2 years. I thought they had some smaller containers
on the website?

Anyone else order a smaller amount this year? I'm still using up last years
order. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

--
no me I ordered a double of the ponders special this year I usualy use
a half lb a year

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 21-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Fringe Ryder

"Nedra" sez:
Yes it is worth it! ... the instructions follow:

1 Tablespoon for every 1,000 gallons of water. Swish in
a glass of pond water until dissolved then pour it around
the perimeter of your pond.

Two weeks later....
I use the same as above... I think the instructions say to
only use 1 1/2 tsp per 1,000 gallons.

You can see why it lasts so long ....
also, do you really think we would all use if it weren't
"worth" it??

Well, yeah. Magnetic bracelets, Madame Cleo, cell phone "radiation
shields", cellulite-reducing creams... people use and swear by lots of
things that not only obviously don't work, but have scientific and
statistical evidence of not working.

Old 22-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Nedra

Fringe, I invite you to Physically visit my pond Before using BZT and
again After using it. The AFTER visit will have to be several days
after use. The Maintenance dosage has to be followed for BZT
to work as a claimed... I wait 3 weeks before re-using ... the clearing
of the bottom gunk is very noticeable.

Nedra

"Nedra" sez:

Old 22-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Robyn Rhudy

I have 2 fish ponds and 3 aquariums that all get BZT weekly. The bottoms
have no debris. They are all crystal clear. Did the BZT do it? Who can
say BUT my 40 gallon tank has a 14" pleco shiting machine. I didn't
think to use BZT on it but then I figured why not? Within weeks I went
from vacuuming a dozen long poos every week to maybe one. Where did they
go? If the BZT bacteria didn't eat them, perhaps you know the answer?
No, Plecy hasn't stopped eating!

So, I am one who "swears by" BZT. I would do away with the salt,
Microbe-Lift, barley straw, Stress-Coat, Stress-Zyme, MelaFix, Maracyn,
koi clay, and various other things I've put in my aquariums and ponds but
don't you dare take away my BZT!

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -
_ _
(o)____(o) ---ribbit
_/ oo \_
/ \----------/ \
\ | | | | /
ww ooo ooo ww

Old 22-05-2003, 07:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Robyn Rhudy" wrote in message

I have 2 fish ponds and 3 aquariums that all get BZT weekly. The bottoms
have no debris. They are all crystal clear. Did the BZT do it? Who can
say BUT my 40 gallon tank has a 14" pleco shiting machine. I didn't
think to use BZT on it but then I figured why not? Within weeks I went
from vacuuming a dozen long poos every week to maybe one. Where did they
go? If the BZT bacteria didn't eat them, perhaps you know the answer?
No, Plecy hasn't stopped eating!

I can't believe you said pl*co more then once in that paragraph. You should
know better. *sniffle* Poor little guy.

BV.

Old 23-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Robyn Rhudy

On Thu, 22 May 2003, BenignVanilla wrote:

"Robyn Rhudy" wrote in message

I have 2 fish ponds and 3 aquariums that all get BZT weekly. The bottoms
have no debris. They are all crystal clear. Did the BZT do it? Who can
say BUT my 40 gallon tank has a 14" pleco shiting machine. I didn't
think to use BZT on it but then I figured why not? Within weeks I went
from vacuuming a dozen long poos every week to maybe one. Where did they
go? If the BZT bacteria didn't eat them, perhaps you know the answer?
No, Plecy hasn't stopped eating!

I can't believe you said pl*co more then once in that paragraph. You should
know better. *sniffle* Poor little guy.

Little guy? I've had him almost 10 years. He's 14 inches long! Not
little! I've said pleco a million times. It's all over my web site too.
This fish survived two tank crashes when I first started keeping a variety
of fish. He never dies! I also have a 2 year old bristlenose pl*co.
He's young so maybe I shouldn't risk saying his name correctly!

BV.

BZT Jackytar Ponds 1 26-06-2003 01:08 PM
BZT Jackytar Ponds 0 26-06-2003 06:41 AM
BZT update Szpond Ponds 12 11-06-2003 09:44 PM
BZT Szpond Ponds 45 03-06-2003 05:56 PM
BZT Joan Pomatto Ponds 1 23-05-2003 03:45 PM