Old 04-05-2003, 03:08 PM
Russ and Cathy

Default Has anyone

ever seen a green and yellow koi with a tinge of green? We received an ad
today with our newspaper from a store called "Country Max" and in it it
advertised koi and showed a pic of the green and yellow koi. How pretty they
look. The prices start at 9.99 for them.
Cathy

Old 04-05-2003, 06:08 PM
K30a

Having worked on a newspaper, the colour
might not be as presented. You'll have to see
him for yourself to see if he matches the picture.

k30a
Old 05-05-2003, 01:32 PM
N. Zitney

I have seen Israeli Koi that were greenish yellow and they called them
Ghost Koi. They were incredibly beautiful but way out of my budget at the
time, and would still be. We were in Philly on a ppond tour, and this guy
sold Israeli koi. They almost had a skeletal coloration pattern.
"Russ and Cathy" wrote in message
will go to that store sometime this week and check out the koi there for
myself.I will buy one if it is really green like that.
Cathy

Old 06-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I saw some fish that had similar coloration (how green is green though) at
Andrews Koi in Anaheim California. Imported from Japan. I should ask her
for the name again. The owner had tried to interest me in the fish, but I
was not particularly fond of the coloration. I am a
Kohaku/Sanke/Showa/Platnum kind of guy. I want the colors to be bright in
my pond.

--
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 06-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Lee Brouillet

The green-ish koi are - I think - Chagoi. They're pretty close to "natural",
i.e., not inbred for fancy coloration. They're easy to tame, and will
readily hand feed. A common name for chagoi is Pickles . . .

Lee