Old 01-03-2003, 11:51 AM
des

Default help me thanks

do i need a voertex for a5000 gal koi pond

des

Old 01-03-2003, 09:06 PM
RichToyBox

des,

I like a vortex on my bigger koi pond because they create so much mess, and
the less that goes to the filter, the better. I have about 20 fish in my
larger pond and some of them are over 10 pounds each. What they don't tear
up, they s*** on. Do you need one? Not necessarily. If you are using a
bead filter, I would recommend it. If you are using a veggie filter, it
could make a big difference in how often you have to clean the filter. If
you are using filter matting, it will significantly reduce maintenance. If
you have a small fish load, it can wait and be installed in two or three
years. I did mine as a retrofit.
--
RichToyBox

Old 02-03-2003, 04:03 PM

no. not unless you are really into mechanical doo dads. the breakdown seems to be
women like veggie filters and the men go for anything that requires electricity,
wires, valves and low voltage lights. Ingrid

Old 02-03-2003, 04:15 PM

I am absolutely convinced that if men had to take care of the babies there would be a
plethora of electronic diaper changing/cleaning, maybe even get rid of diapers and
use something else that they could plug into the wall to do the clean up. you are
going to all this expense and mechanicals and miniaturizations (which break down of
course) to avoid cleaning a filter once a year. Ingrid

Old 02-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Thanks Ingrid,
You just gave me an excellent idea! What if I have an electronic underwear
for my new baby to come? Say every 2 hours it automatically flushes the
Baby's butt and disintegrates any waste washed away?
This will eliminate the obviously pungent aroma, reduces waste going into
the land fills and save the environment?
What do the other guys around here think?

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

Old 02-03-2003, 09:04 PM
~ jan

LOL! On a reality front, guys are caring more often for baby, thus we have
a disposable diaper that only needs changing after a stinky. Otherwise, if
women were still stuck a home like the 50's, we'd still be doing pins and
cloth 8-14 times/day, I'm fairly sure. ;o) ~ jan

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 19:53:29 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

Thanks Ingrid,
You just gave me an excellent idea! What if I have an electronic underwear
for my new baby to come? Say every 2 hours it automatically flushes the
Baby's butt and disintegrates any waste washed away?
This will eliminate the obviously pungent aroma, reduces waste going into
the land fills and save the environment?
What do the other guys around here think?

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
BenignVanilla

wrote in message
no. not unless you are really into mechanical doo dads. the breakdown

seems to be
women like veggie filters and the men go for anything that requires

electricity,
wires, valves and low voltage lights. Ingrid

This weekend I played a game with friends that pitted men against women. I
am male, BTW. The men got asked questions only women should know, and nice
versa. I knew all of the answers, and was quickly labeled Princess and
Audrey by my kind friends. What's my point? I am planning a large VF and no
vortex or other doo-hickey...Ok maybe some low voltage lighting but for all
intents and purposes I will have a very woman-like design.

I think I'll go build something...try and get some masculinity back.

BV.
aka The manly-est chick er...guy around.

Old 03-03-2003, 06:29 PM
~ jan

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 "BenignVanilla" wrote:
This weekend I played a game with friends that pitted men against women. I
am male, BTW. The men got asked questions only women should know, and nice
versa. I knew all of the answers, and was quickly labeled Princess and
snipped, rest of story below

Big Grin here. )

There is some stigma to females and plants, I don't know why. The vast
majority of farmers are probably still male.... or a coed-team. Even I have
at times slunk to thinking some men's interest in plants are odd.... course
digging deeper.... they were generally all around odd, so I guess that
probably wasn't slinking just due to plant interest. ;o)

What I need to remember is that I had never own a house plant prior to
dating my husband, who had many in his room. Now I have a houseful of them,
all taken care of by me..... and hey, how did that happen???? How did he do
that??? Hmmmm, I'm having some serious thoughts here, I think I've created
some serious work for myself because I know he enjoys them too... obviously
and especially the part about having them around. How'd he do that???? I
need a hobby now where he does the work and I just enjoy it. ;o)

Any suggestions? Oh, and it can't cost money as any extra goes into the
ponds and plants. ;o) ~ jan

Old 03-03-2003, 07:34 PM

I can envision a "baby washer", just lower the child in, a warm spray washes the baby
off (like brushless car washes), then drying air, robot arms come out and tape the
new diaper on. Ingrid

Old 03-03-2003, 07:43 PM
K30a

Ingrid wrote robot arms come out and tape the
new diaper on

You also need a robot leg to throw over baby to keep him on the changing table.
We gave up on regular changing table and gave up on the crib too and lowered it
so I could throw a leg over baby
and there would be three barred walls to keep him in the general vicinity of
the diaper.
This is the same kid for whom NO child proof device worked. You should see his
scores on mechanical and 3-D thinking, but I knew that already... (watch out
world, he's learning computer programming!)

k30a

Old 03-03-2003, 07:55 PM

My DH just out and admitted to me his plants and stuffed animals (dinosaur) were just
"chick" lures. He would have to replace the plants on a routine basis as they died.
He loooooves grass. He wont cut it/weed it, I replaces it with ponds and gravel.
He loooooves koi. He did the work to dig the ponds. I do all the rest.
He looooves finches. I designed the cage, had it built, found the birds. He takes
care if 1/2 of them (in his study).
He looooves the dogs. well I finally told him he is responsible for everything going
in one end and out the other. I do the washing, trimming, toenails, vet visits,
nursing, teeth cleaning.
He loooves computers. I buy the parts and build him the computers.
The list goes on. He wants a lab in the basement. I find the cabinets, etc.

BTW, anybody know somebody breeds hunting springers (ESS) in the Wisconsin, Ill, MN
area? We are looking for a L+W male puppy, shy ones are fine (not suited for
hunting). Ingrid

~ jan wrote:
.... they were generally all around odd, so I guess that
probably wasn't slinking just due to plant interest. ;o)

What I need to remember is that I had never own a house plant prior to
dating my husband, who had many in his room. ? I
need a hobby now where he does the work and I just enjoy it. ;o)

Old 03-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

~ jan wrote:
[...]

How about getting him interested in baking bread. Even if
he never has any interest in cooking - making bread is easy
and it goes well with almost any meal. Oh, one rule - he
must clean up the kitchen when he's finished!

--
Bonnie
NJ