Old 14-05-2003, 02:44 PM
REBEL JOE

Default Info Please (elephant ear)

I just read on post that elephant ear is poison to fish. I just bought
one for pond at pond plant shop. Why would they sell them if they poison
your fish. It's in my pond now,please tell me this is wrong.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 14-05-2003, 03:32 PM
Nedra

Joe, there is a list somewhere that has the plants that are
poisonous. Guess I'll google ..... later

Nedra

Old 14-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Nedra

Went to google - found several lists. One did not list either
Elephants' Ear or English Ivy. That's one I'll follow ;-)

Nedra

rthlink.net...

Old 14-05-2003, 11:56 PM
RichToyBox

I think elephant ear, and caladiums are related to the taro plant. I know
that I have had taro in my pond since its inception. It is on most lists as
a poisonous plant. The fish generally leave it alone, so I guess they are
smarter than people.
--
RichToyBox

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Went to google - found several lists. One did not list either
Elephants' Ear or English Ivy. That's one I'll follow ;-)

Nedra

rthlink.net...

Old 15-05-2003, 05:20 AM
REBEL JOE

OK thanks people was real worried. Love the plant but don't want to kill
my fish.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND