Old 07-05-2005, 03:41 PM
John Bachman

Default Elephant ear in pond?

My lovely wife, Little Kahunah (her mother is Big Kahunah), got two
elephant ear bulbs for Mother's Day. She is thinking of putting one
in a large clay pot and put it into a shallow part of our pond. It
would look really cool there and provide some much needed shade.

Anyone have experience with elephant ear in their ponds?

I can see it coming: "No elephant ear but I put in a rhino horn and
the fish became nymphomaniacs."

TIA anyway.

John

Old 07-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Reel McKoi

"John Bachman" wrote in message
My lovely wife, Little Kahunah (her mother is Big Kahunah), got two
elephant ear bulbs for Mother's Day. She is thinking of putting one
in a large clay pot and put it into a shallow part of our pond. It
would look really cool there and provide some much needed shade.

Anyone have experience with elephant ear in their ponds?

===========================
I haven't but did read they need a damp but well drained soil. The bulb may
rot if put into a pond. Let us know if it works for your wife. :-)
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Please check people's headers for forgeries before

Old 07-05-2005, 04:28 PM
~Roy~

Elepphant ears require wet yet well drained soils. Taro can be used
directly n water, but elephant ears do poorly with continous wet feet.
They may look similar but they are different in regards to their
needs..Why not plant the bulb in a large pot and set it alongside the
pond to still give shade. We have a stand of EE on our back patio,
between the house and slab portion that gets huyge.oiver 6 ot 7 feet
tall and leaves 3 feet or better, and it forms a nice umbrella
alongside the hot tub and table, but it requires massive trimming
during the summer month so it does not get out of hand. So if you want
a look alike type plant to resemble elephant ears geta taro plant.
They grow fast as well.

On Sat, 07 May 2005 10:41:07 -0400, John Bachman
wrote:

===My lovely wife, Little Kahunah (her mother is Big Kahunah), got two
===elephant ear bulbs for Mother's Day. She is thinking of putting one
===in a large clay pot and put it into a shallow part of our pond. It
===would look really cool there and provide some much needed shade.
===

Old 08-05-2005, 03:28 AM
BryanB

Please do not respond to Troll posts such as the one you did below.
(Responding to such a post is known as "Feeding the troll".)

Also, please take care to remove irrelevant newsgroups from your posts.

--BB

On 5/7/2005 7:17 PM nobody let loose a lemur across the keyboard and it
typed:BR
jabriol wrote:

John,

My suggestion is to present your question to people who know about
plants. Rec.ponds doesnt deal with ponds anymore, only Carol
vendetta against Jw's.

John Bachman wrote:

My lovely wife, Little Kahunah (her mother is Big Kahunah), got
two elephant ear bulbs for Mother's Day. She is thinking of
putting one in a large clay pot and put it into a shallow part of
our pond. It would look really cool there and provide some much
needed shade.

Anyone have experience with elephant ear in their ponds?

I can see it coming: "No elephant ear but I put in a rhino horn
and the fish became nymphomaniacs."

What would posess you to add the newsgroups: bionet.plants,
rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants, alt.free.newsservers to a post made
in rec.ponds unless you are a troll and want to stir up shit? Your
credibility has is gone no matter to what group you now post. As a
matter of fact, I think I will now start running your sorry brethren
off my property every Saturday morning when they show up trying to
spread their drivel. No wonder many JW's have a bad reputation. It
is scum like you that ruin a cause.

LOL. I bet this is another post you will either blame on Carol or
ignore. You and your type are pathetic.

* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *
* Through the Trees? | Reply if you want. E-mail *
* Take it out! | address changes frequently *
* (Damn Viruses!) | to foil spambots. *
Old 08-05-2005, 03:40 AM
Cereus-validus.....

Thanks for sharing with the world that you are a complete imbecile, Johnny
boy.

Have your kids show you how to do a Google search for more info.

ups.com...