Old 16-05-2003, 12:32 AM
CDP

Default Strange tubular formations in my pond

Can anyone explain what's happening in my pond?
I have some clear 1/4" diameter tubes strung between my underwater plants. Some are 4 feet long and others are wraped around my yellow flag roots. They are clear with black specks interspersed along them (eggs perhaps?). I have Goldfish, Comets, And Koi in the pond, along with tadpoles and frogs. Which made this string of eggs?

On another note, my fish spawned last year producing brown fish with no gold coloring. There are 4 of them like this and very hard to see in the pond. They are about 3" now and still no color. What's up with that?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.

Carl

Old 16-05-2003, 12:44 AM
jammer

On Thu, 15 May 2003 23:39:10 GMT, "CDP" wrote:

Can anyone explain what's happening in my pond?
I have some clear 1/4" diameter tubes strung between my underwater plants. Some are 4 feet long and others are wraped around my yellow flag roots. They are clear with black specks interspersed along them (eggs perhaps?). I have Goldfish, Comets, And Koi i

n the pond, along with tadpoles and frogs. Which made this string of eggs?

On another note, my fish spawned last year producing brown fish with no gold coloring. There are 4 of them like this and very hard to see in the pond. They are about 3" now and still no color. What's up with that?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.

Carl

Toads eggs!!!!!!
My baby goldfish have no color. It's normal.

Old 16-05-2003, 03:56 AM
K30a

Yup, as Jammer sez Toad eggs!!!

Frogs' eggs are laid in clumps.

k30a
Old 16-05-2003, 02:56 PM
CDP

Yup, as Jammer sez Toad eggs!!!

Frogs' eggs are laid in clumps.

Oh NO! bad news! maybe my fish will eat them. They hav'nt been coming up for
the Koi pellets for a week now.

Old 16-05-2003, 03:44 PM
K30a

cdp wrote Oh NO! bad news!

Why bad news?
Having amphibian love fests in your pond is one
of the fees mother nature extracts from you for
having a pond. Nature will *not* be denied ;-)

Your pond will benefit as the toadpoles hoover up all sorts of algae and stuff
as they grow. When they become toads they'll keep your yard free of pesky bugs,
slugs and insects.

Another benefit of toads in the pond is that they don't stick around long. Egg
to taddie to toad usually happens faster than with frogs.

k30a

Old 16-05-2003, 05:08 PM
jammer

On Fri, 16 May 2003 13:51:54 GMT, "CDP" wrote:

Oh NO! bad news! maybe my fish will eat them. They hav'nt been coming up for
the Koi pellets for a week now.

No, that's good news!! But i hear and see that fish won't eat them.

Old 22-05-2003, 10:32 PM
mad

i can't help with the other stuff, but i have had 7 goldfish in my pond for
3 yrs and the brown one is FINALLY turning orange. for some of them it just
takes a while.
mad
--
I used to be indecisive, but now i just don't know.

From: "CDP"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 23:39:10 GMT
Subject: Strange tubular formations in my pond