Old 17-05-2003, 08:44 PM

Default Benign Neglect Ponder - Regime change

Greetings all,

Been a while since I've been here. Nice to see so many of the regular
'old-timers' still here and so many new names, as well. This is one of the
healthiest NG's on the Usenet.

Suffice it to say that the fish survived the winter in aerated 'pea soup',
eating up most of the pennywort and apparently staying fat and sassy in the
process. Last week, my live-in son-in-law and his cousin, both ponders,
took over care of the fish and pond. Water change and treatment, new pump,
filter cleaning, new lamp for UV, lillys and one new koi in quarantine.

I've posted a pic on alt.binaries.aquaria under the same subject as this,
'Benign Neglect Ponder - Regime change'. I'll do another one after they've
cleaned the dried algae off the heron filter and added 'Blackie' to the koi
fambly.

Semper Fi,

--
Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley www.boonchoo.com
"Giving violent criminals a government guarantee that their intended
Old 17-05-2003, 11:56 PM

"Nedra" wrote:
Yep John ... it's always good to see a familiar face come on
back home.

Nedra
"John Rutz" wrote in message

-- welcome back Nick we have missed you

good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad
judgement

Aw, shucks, guys (shuffle, shuffle,embarassed grin).

S/f,

Old 19-05-2003, 12:44 AM
~ jan

Nick, glad to see you and even more happy to hear the pond is still in
place, regardless of the regime change. It's one thing to get laid up,
whole nother other to get laid up and have to fill in the pond because of
it. That would be adding insult to injury for use!!! ~ jan

On 17 May 2003 22:56:25 GMT, wrote:

-- welcome back Nick we have missed you

good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad
judgement

Aw, shucks, guys (shuffle, shuffle,embarassed grin).

S/f,

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 19-05-2003, 02:44 AM
mad

nice to hear from you again, nick. howz the restaurant?
mad
--
"I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains
fall out."

Newsgroups: rec.ponds

Old 19-05-2003, 07:32 AM

mad wrote:
nice to hear from you again, nick. howz the restaurant?

I guess she's finally turning a profit, thanks for asking. She's in
Thailand right now, visiting her 99 yr old mom. Guess she'll outlive me ;~D

obligitai My SIL put the new koi in the pond today.
Blackie's hanging with the big kids!

Old 19-05-2003, 10:44 PM
mad

goody!
mad
--
A great many people believe they are thinking when they are
merely rearranging their prejudices.

Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: 19 May 2003 06:26:47 GMT

obligitai My SIL put the new koi in the pond today.
Blackie's hanging with the big kids!

Roses - criminal neglect Hypatia Nachshon Gardening 4 19-09-2015 01:53 AM
Inspired neglect? David WE Roberts[_4_] United Kingdom 6 08-12-2012 09:19 AM
Benign Neglect Shiva Roses 0 28-07-2004 01:04 AM
Neglect feeds future fires Aozotorp alt.forestry 0 05-02-2003 04:38 PM