Old 19-05-2003, 02:44 AM
*muffin*

Default NO what do i do???? ( getting in the pond)

my dearest hubby,,,,,,, in all his ummmm UN-enthusiasm,, well, just got
tired of **POND** stuff at the end of digging,, and well ,,,left me with no
way to get in or out of the pond!! the edges slope,,,,,,,( he thought it was
'perfect'.... hmmm)
I thought it looked strange,, but figured,, I'd still be able to get &
out,, right???.
well lets see, I can climb down one shelf,,, & try to hold my balance,, but
no way can I get back UP the slope to that shelf,, there is a very slight
slope where he is putting in his 'stream',, I can walk in & out of there,,
sorta....... but I'm afraid when all the algae is on the liner,, Its gonna
be tough..
I am sure you guys were all prepared for that..... any
suggestions???shoot I'd try a pool ladder,, but it probably would poke thru
the liner....
**AAAARRGGGGGHHHHHH**

Old 20-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Gail Futoran

"*muffin*" wrote in message
[...]

Can you use some sort of ladder that would
end a few inches above the bottom? You
don't really need it to touch bottom.

Gail

Old 20-05-2003, 01:08 AM
RichToyBox

There are several things that you will need. One is a good pair of pond
shoes or some terry athletic socks turned inside out. those will help you
stay on your feet, but if the pond has enough depth, you will be light
enough that it will still be slick. I walk over close to the plant shelf
and grab hold of a very large flat stepping stone that I have to sit on and
feed the fish. This allows me to pull myself onto the plant shelf, where I
can then stand up and step out of the pond. You might try the above, but
also have a piece of rope to pull yourself over to the shelf.
--
RichToyBox

Old 20-05-2003, 10:08 PM
*muffin*

with the sides sloping, its kind of hard to figure 'where to put in a
ladder"

thanks.... for ideas.

Old 20-05-2003, 10:08 PM
*muffin*

interesting idea, but there is nowhere to put the bridge, the pond is too
wide.

*still accepting ideas* : )

.. .

Old 20-05-2003, 10:08 PM
*muffin*

I do have 'water mocks' which help, but not enough.
I do intend to add a rope to help pull me out (g) if I could figure how to
put a railing in the water........

thanks

.net...

Old 20-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

*muffin* wrote:
with the sides sloping, its kind of hard to figure 'where to put in a
ladder"

thanks.... for ideas.

Lower the water level, pull back the liner and dig a shelf.
In the long run you'll be much happier. It only has to be
on one side - it will be a great place to put shallow plant too!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 21-05-2003, 03:56 AM
~ jan

For wide ponds that are difficult to get in and out of, some around here
use a ladder and lay it across (temporary bridge). They can keep one hand
on the ladder to steady themselves. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 21-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Jerrispond

I get in and out of my pond with a plastic milk crate.....gotta be quick it
will float after a few seconds, but getting out is much easier than getting in
Jerri