Old 27-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Dan D.

Default where can i find some peeing boy statues?

This has probably already been answered but not on my server so......

http://www.lawnornamentsandfountains...fountains.html

All one line, no spaces.

I just searched for "concrete statue boy" on google.
It was one of the first hits.

I didn't figure something so tacky would be made in bronze but it
probably is somewhere!

Peace!
Dan D. Louisville KY good ole USA
Old 27-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Matt Rosing

It is plumbed to work, but I'll never give it up, I use it to hold my
graduation tassles. Don't laugh, it was a graduation gift.

Jimmy wrote:

coool can i have the brass copy lol? just kidding

Old 27-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Jimmy

aww comon give it give it lol why do u think people call me jimmy?
its really giveme giveme lol

Old 27-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Carola / Les

I have a peeing boy statue among various other statues and Wee Willie, as my
wife calls him, gets far more attention than any of the other statues.
Children as well as adults think he is good fun and no-one has indicated
that they think he is 'tacky'. Like a lot of things, I guess it is in the
eye of the beholder and your sense of humour.
Koiles.

"John Hines" wrote in message
"Jimmy" wrote:

we have been searching for a peeing boy statues. if yall know of any
websites please send us the links to the websites .

You don't want a statue, you want a fountain.

That is if you want one that actually works, and isn't just a boy doing
a nasty dead

http://www.google.com/search?q=+peei...tart=0&start=0

Old 27-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Doug Quarnstrom

Carola / Les ) wrote:
: I have a peeing boy statue among various other statues and Wee Willie, as my
: wife calls him, gets far more attention than any of the other statues.
: Children as well as adults think he is good fun and no-one has indicated
: that they think he is 'tacky'.

Yes, but most people love Thomas Kincaid paintings as well.
There is a lesson here for those who care to learn...

doug

Old 28-05-2003, 12:56 AM

and that proves that anything erected in a public place has artistic value?

PlainBill wrote:
Hmmm, perhaps. On the other hand, the residents of Brussels would
appear to disagree with you.

http://www.trabel.com/brussel/brussel-manneken.htm
Old 28-05-2003, 04:56 AM
*muffin*

try www.designtoscano.com

I love their alligator.. have two of them.

(their site is just really neat!)

Old 28-05-2003, 04:56 AM
*muffin*

also at:

http://www.tricker.com/

(I got the gargoyle)

Old 28-05-2003, 11:32 AM
GrampysGurl

Yes, but most people love Thomas Kincaid paintings as well.
There is a lesson here for those who care to learn...

doug

I prefer Monet myself, Kincaid does have talent IMO but there is better...
Colleen
Zone 5 CT

Old 28-05-2003, 11:32 AM
GrampysGurl

and that proves that anything erected in a public place has artistic value?

Why not? Is one's own individual taste the only game in town?
Colleen
zone 5 Connecticut
Old 28-05-2003, 01:56 PM
EliezerE

It had better not be erected in a public place.
Old 28-05-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"Carola / Les" wrote in message
. ..
I have a peeing boy statue among various other statues and Wee Willie, as

my
wife calls him, gets far more attention than any of the other statues.
Children as well as adults think he is good fun and no-one has indicated
that they think he is 'tacky'. Like a lot of things, I guess it is in the
eye of the beholder and your sense of humour.

If I could find a canine version of this statue, I would be quite happy.

BV.

Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
Nedra

Are we still talking about the 'peeing boy' statue? Did you know
that statue is about 400 years old? The original is in Brussels, Belgium.
Go to:
http://www.trabel.com/brussel/brussel-manneken.htm
and get educated about it. It's called the 'manneken-pis' and
dates to 14 August 1619 !!
Sometimes I think our culture is waay to provincial.

Nedra

Old 29-05-2003, 05:22 AM
PlainBill

I would suggest that something which has been in a public park since
BEFORE the Pilgrims landed has certainly withstood the test of time.

But taste's differ. I'll even refrain from the usual narrow-minded
jokes.

PlainBill

PlainBill wrote:
Hmmm, perhaps. On the other hand, the residents of Brussels would
appear to disagree with you.

http://www.trabel.com/brussel/brussel-manneken.htm

questions about Celebrity, Better Boy, and Big Boy tomtaoes Thomas Jacobs Gardening 1 26-02-2004 05:46 PM
peeing statues Mike Teixeira Ponds 7 05-08-2003 03:12 PM
Peeing Boy Statue Shelly Ponds 0 11-06-2003 01:32 PM
Shurly some one must have experiance of Black Boy PaddyS Plant Biology 0 16-03-2003 04:32 AM
Big Boy or Better Boy tomatoes Andy N Edible Gardening 5 02-02-2003 01:01 AM