Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2003, 01:32 AM
*muffin*

Default plant prop-er-up-ers

what do you guys use to prop up your lilies to the surface?
I have a 3 ft depth in most areas,,, I did put my hardies in a laundry
basket on top of a milk carton-type crate.. ( I could ONLY find the weird
cheap'os in the stationary supply sections,,,,do they still sell the really
good heavy *square* ones anymore???)
but I have to come up higher for the tropicals.. I found a tall
laundry/garbage pail thing (with holes in the sides) I thought I could use,,
but am wondering *if* it will be sturdy enough.. I do NOT have crazy big koi
to worry about ,, but you never know.....
I suppose I could use concrete bloks,, but am leery about them sitting on
the bottom,, maybe *on* a piece of carpet?? in my OLDE pond,, since it was
fiberglass, it was sooooo was to use concrete & brick stands.
THIS pond has a 30 mil liner,, & set over carpet,, but finding out
walking on it,, it is NOT exactly flat,, **major sigh**. lots of dippys & of
course the dang sloping sides.. which also means I can't get too near the
sides with the plants,,, ( I had one fall over already,, that had a diff of
2 in from one side to the other),,,, any suggestions on HOW to prop up UNDER
the support to make the support level??? I am not about to go UNDER the
water,, to shove something under them,, I was thinking sand in a bag?? but
then,, unless I empty the pond halfway,, I'll never be able to "sit" it
straight on the ground.

aarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

**grummmble**

yea I know,,,,, should been done with MORE thought,, but after a 6 yr old
hole in the ground,, I was ready for ANYTHING to get this pond in, & I never
thought to check it out before the liner was put IN.

What to do with a big, leaning Agave? Prop it up? Richard Sherratt Australia 4 12-11-2011 05:47 AM
POE 2007 - Cymbidium (Fifi 'Harry' x Jean Angus) 'Heathrich Hills' - Nice pendant cym against display prop Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 28-02-2007 05:08 AM
All you DIY'ers HELP FBCS Ponds 3 13-08-2003 06:05 AM
All you DIY'ers HELP FBCS Ponds 0 12-08-2003 11:16 PM
What to do about space between prop line & road? Bob Muir Gardening 1 27-03-2003 12:44 AM