Old 04-06-2003, 05:20 AM
REBEL JOE

Default Muriate of Potash

I put it in a bucket of pond water stir till it is gone then dump it in

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 04-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Cleveland Ponder

How often do you add the Muriate of Potash?
Old 04-06-2003, 03:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
I put it in a bucket of pond water stir till it is gone then dump it in

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

What is it for?

BV.

Old 04-06-2003, 08:56 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , Andrew Burgess
writes:

The white rocks are 100% pure, potable water safe, KCl. The reddish brown
is 'other stuff' (TM).

Hummm, well the stuff I bought is 100% potash 0-0-60 and it's reddish brown
pebbles.....

Sacha
Old 04-06-2003, 10:32 PM
John Rutz

MISSYMAGICGIRL wrote:

--
I; grew up around potash mines and refinerys
the redish brown color is one of its natural colors white is another

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 05-06-2003, 12:44 AM
joe

MISSYMAGICGIRL wrote:

In article , Andrew Burgess
writes:

The white rocks are 100% pure, potable water safe, KCl. The reddish brown
is 'other stuff' (TM).

Hummm, well the stuff I bought is 100% potash 0-0-60 and it's reddish brown
pebbles.....

Sacha

Ah, potash. I used to work for an engineering company in Saskatchewan that
did a lot of work for potash mines, so I've spent a fair amount of time
underground (my SO thinks maybe they should have kept me there.) Anyway, it
depends how processed the potash is; red is fine, white is just more
processed.

The mines were way cool. Not like you would imagine a coal mine for example.
You could drive along in electric cars.

Joe

Old 05-06-2003, 04:20 AM
REBEL JOE

I do it once a week plants do great and stay green

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 05-06-2003, 04:20 AM
REBEL JOE

It keeps your floaters from turning brown. It adds things the plants
need that they can't get in our man made ponds.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 05-06-2003, 03:56 PM
UTVOLVET84

I got mine at a local garden store that also does landscaping work. Had to ask
for it as they had it in the back room. It was $2.49 for a 5# bag.
Donna
Old 05-06-2003, 04:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"UTVOLVET84" wrote in message
I got mine at a local garden store that also does landscaping work. Had to

ask
for it as they had it in the back room. It was $2.49 for a 5# bag.
Donna

What are all of the common names for it?

Muriate of Potash
..
..
..

BV.

Old 05-06-2003, 06:20 PM
UTVOLVET84

Honestly I don't remember as I only used it twice last year. As I recall it
was very tiny, like a few teaspoons in my 3000 gallon pond. I remember
thinking that the bag I had was going to last for a lifetime. Maybe someone
else in the group could post the dose.
Donna
Old 05-06-2003, 07:44 PM
John Hines

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

"UTVOLVET84" wrote in message
I got mine at a local garden store that also does landscaping work. Had to

ask
for it as they had it in the back room. It was $2.49 for a 5# bag.
Donna

What are all of the common names for it?

Muriate of Potash

I don't about common, but chemically it is potassium cloride, KCl.
As compared to common table salt, sodium cloride, NaCl.

Old 06-06-2003, 05:20 AM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

Thanks,

Sacha

Potash IS THIS OK? Heather Ponds 6 10-07-2003 06:30 PM
Potash Hal Ponds 5 08-07-2003 04:32 AM
AlgaeFix and Muriate of Potash Justin Ponds 5 04-07-2003 06:43 AM
THE OLD "POTASH" QUESTION MISSYMAGICGIRL Ponds 1 27-05-2003 03:08 PM
Muriate of Potash Brian Dugas Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:20 AM