Old 10-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Andrew Burgess

Default Biofilter in the dark

John Rutz writes:

K30a wrote:
John wrote feed it with ammonia once in a while to keep the bugs alive

This tickles my sci-fi genes.
And at the end of winter John opens the trash can
and......

--
one giant pond cleaning bacterium pops out

Or reaches out and drags John into the can... legs kicking...

Old 11-06-2003, 01:56 AM
John Rutz

Andrew Burgess wrote:
John Rutz writes:

K30a wrote:

John wrote feed it with ammonia once in a while to keep the bugs alive

This tickles my sci-fi genes.
And at the end of winter John opens the trash can
and......

--
one giant pond cleaning bacterium pops out

Or reaches out and drags John into the can... legs kicking...

--
ROFLMAO good one!!!

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 11-06-2003, 02:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"Andrew Burgess" wrote in message
John Rutz writes:

K30a wrote:
John wrote feed it with ammonia once in a while to keep the bugs

alive

This tickles my sci-fi genes.
And at the end of winter John opens the trash can
and......

--
one giant pond cleaning bacterium pops out

Or reaches out and drags John into the can... legs kicking...

And his DNA would be converted...forever changing him
into...Dun...Dun...Dunnnnnn...

BIOFILTER MAN

BV.

Old 11-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Nedra

Y'know, Jan ... I wondered the same thing ... about the aquarium
filter. Then I remembered throwing out the filter I used for my
patio pond. What a Dunce I am!!!!

Nedra

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Oh Lord ... now I've really lost it. I was reading something
just yesterday about keeping biobugs alive all through the
winter. Was it on this list? Very interesting article where
ever it was! Jest of it is - you get a sampling of your
biobugs, measure the ammonia - etc etc ... keep the whole
mess covered in a garbage can at 60 - 65 degrees. In the spring
you save 5 to 6 weeks, maybe longer in getting your pond
up and running. More involved that this ... but very interesting.
You don't need light for the biobugs to live.... only the sample, ammonia
and water. Nedra

Aeration is probably in the mix somewhere too. ) Course keeping an
aquarium going and using that filter media might be easier. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 12-06-2003, 03:56 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Even I can bring myself to rinse my Patio Pond filter's dirty media into my
clean bio-filter during spring startup. Guess I should "get over it" and
"just do it". ~ jan

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:18:32 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Y'know, Jan ... I wondered the same thing ... about the aquarium
filter. Then I remembered throwing out the filter I used for my
patio pond. What a Dunce I am!!!!

Nedra

.. .