Old 06-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Donald Kerns

Default UCSC Frat boys BBQ 15 year old koi

Read it and weep gentle readers...

"Santa Cruz mourns one that didn't get away
Beloved campus koi stolen, possibly grilled

Two frat boys could face felony fish theft and cruelty charges for koi-
napping a beloved jumbo goldfish from a pond at UC Santa Cruz -- and
reportedly barbecuing and eating it."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...05/MN94963.DTL

I wonder how frat boys taste?

I'm thinking a beer batter tempura, deep fat fried at about an inch
every 15 minutes or so... Perhaps a bit of tartar sauce...

In rage,

-D
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his
hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. " H.L. Mencken
Old 06-06-2003, 05:20 AM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , Donald Kerns

Subject: UCSC Frat boys BBQ 15 year old koi

Old 06-06-2003, 07:32 AM
Dave Bell

On 6 Jun 2003, MISSYMAGICGIRL wrote:

In article , Donald Kerns
writes:

I wonder how frat boys taste?

I'm thinking a beer batter tempura, deep fat fried at about an inch
every 15 minutes or so... Perhaps a bit of tartar sauce...

That is sick!

Sacha

Perhaps, but it sounds well-deserved!

(I know, I knew what you meant...)

Dave

Old 06-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Donald Kerns

Mo

"UCSC spokeswoman Liz Irwin said some students came forward and
confessed to stealing the 20-pound fish named Midas, who was a popular
attraction in a pond at the university's Porter College."

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...06/04/fish.DTL

And my letter to the DA...

"Dear Mr. Lee,

I read the San Francisco Chronicle article about the two "gentlemen" who
allegedly captured, killed and then ate a pet koi fish from the Porter
College pond with a mixture of sadness and rage.

Please note that I am an engineer, project manager and father. In other
words, I'm an ordinary guy, not a professional "animal advocate."

Some people may be tempted to view this incident with a "ha ha, boys
will be boys, what a cute college prank" attitude. To me this act shows
a cruel and wanton disregard for life and beauty. These are both
attributes that universities and most fraternities at least give
lip service to supporting.

In this time of limited resources, it may be tempting to allow these
"gentlemen's" parents to write a check to cover the cost of "some fish."
However, as a Santa Cruz County taxpayer, I feel that it is an entirely
appropriate use of my money to prosecute these "gentlemen" to the
fullest
extent of the law and I ask you to do so.

Respectfully,
Donald Kerns"

Sam Hopkins wrote:

Man, have you ever eaten carp? It smells like chicken but tastes like
crap. When my brother and I were 10-11 years old caught two carp at a
local pond, brought them home and my mom cooked them for dinner.
Needless to say the family didn't get passed the first bite.

Sam

Frat yes - grunt no Srgnt Billko Lawns 1 03-11-2006 09:13 PM
BBq Robert United Kingdom 0 12-08-2006 01:34 PM
Uses for ash/coals after a BBQ Dan United Kingdom 4 04-06-2004 03:16 PM
BBQ'd zucchini John DeBoo Edible Gardening 2 06-07-2003 02:44 AM
for the summer bbq tony United Kingdom 0 08-11-2002 05:43 AM