Old 26-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Dan

Default Uses for ash/coals after a BBQ

I'm starting to BBQ quite regularly now the weather is improving.

As a novice gardening I was wondering if the leftovers (the ash, coal,
etc. Not the food!) could be put to any use in/on the garden.

And thoughts?

Dan
Old 26-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Paul D.Smith

Don't the french play boules on an ash pathway? You'ld need a lot of BBQs
though.

I've found that nothing much grows in my "bonfire area" which may be a case
of "too much of a good thing".

Paul DS.

Old 26-05-2004, 05:24 PM
mike. buckley

In message , Paul
D.Smith writes
Don't the french play boules on an ash pathway? You'ld need a lot of BBQs
though.

I've found that nothing much grows in my "bonfire area" which may be a case
of "too much of a good thing".

Paul DS.

The actual bonfires wouldn't have any part to play in this lack of
foliage? :-)

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2
Old 04-06-2004, 03:16 PM
D Russell

"Dan" wrote in message
om...
I'm starting to BBQ quite regularly now the weather is improving.

As a novice gardening I was wondering if the leftovers (the ash, coal,
etc. Not the food!) could be put to any use in/on the garden.

And thoughts?

Dan

Sprinkle it on the compost heap, great source of potash. Of course you may
be able to use it in a water butt along with some sheeps' droppings, comfrey
and nettles and an old banana, should be quite an interesting an dpungent
mixture I'd guess. Mind you it would also contain a great source of almost
everything commercial fertalisers use.

Duncan

coals to Newcastle Kate Morgan United Kingdom 18 20-09-2012 10:12 AM
BBq Robert United Kingdom 0 12-08-2006 01:34 PM
BBQ'd zucchini John DeBoo Edible Gardening 2 06-07-2003 02:44 AM
UCSC Frat boys BBQ 15 year old koi Donald Kerns Ponds 3 06-06-2003 03:44 PM
for the summer bbq tony United Kingdom 0 08-11-2002 05:43 AM