Old 14-06-2003, 09:08 PM
jammer

Default Water gardening cat ... some pics

My cat loves the pond and looks a bit like your cat to boot. She is a
Maine Coon.

And yes, that fish does look a bit like an alien!

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:30:35 GMT, "Theo van Daele"
wrote:

Hey folks,

Enough with this labrador monopoly, us feline lovers should fight back ;-)

Some pics on this page (with thumbnails) :

http://www.wide-o.net/summerpond2003/

Old 14-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Theo van Daele

Hey Jammer,

Well spotted :-) 3 or our 4 cats are Coons too. I have been in love with
these for many years now. In a way they are very much like dogs sometimes
LOL, hence my tongue in cheek "watergardening" title.

The one in the pic (Edina) is 14 months old :-) All cats can be clowns
sometimes, but these have taken it to a level of perfection.

Theo

Old 15-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Ian

I think they are plain old domestic shorthair variety, picked them up at a
pet store in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, back when we lived there in '93.

Not pictured are our 3 other cats, pure black. Makes for nice contrast!

"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
Very very nice ! :-)

What type of cats are they ? I really love the snowy-white look.

My cats also took a shining to the pond initially, but the frogs now

scare
them away!

A quick pic of the 2 older cats debating whether the frog is hiding

nearby
or not...

http://www.quickmire.com/temp/catspond/

Old 16-06-2003, 03:56 AM
zookeeper

Ian wrote:
I think they are plain old domestic shorthair variety, picked them up at a
pet store in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, back when we lived there in '93.

Not pictured are our 3 other cats, pure black. Makes for nice contrast!

Your "plain old domestic shorthair" white cats remind me of our (sadly
departed) Jasmine, a Turkish angora. Her fur was slightly longer than
that of your cats, and she had tufts of hair coming from her ears and
from between her toes and pads. But the shape of the face and body was
the same.

Good color choice on your other 3 cats! We have two black cats now,
Bootsie and Louie, who are 16 pound bruisers.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper

Old 19-06-2003, 05:56 AM
jammer

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:51:27 GMT, "Theo van Daele"
wrote:

Hey Jammer,

Well spotted :-) 3 or our 4 cats are Coons too. I have been in love with
these for many years now. In a way they are very much like dogs sometimes
LOL, hence my tongue in cheek "watergardening" title.

The one in the pic (Edina) is 14 months old :-) All cats can be clowns
sometimes, but these have taken it to a level of perfection.

Theo

Yes, dog-like is correct! I just talk her her like a human and here
she comes or whatever it is a say, she pretty much responds. Do you
and your MCs "talk" to each other in kitty talk? haha (If you do,
you'll understand)

Old 19-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Theo van Daele

Do you
and your MCs "talk" to each other in kitty talk? haha (If you do,
you'll understand)

No, of course not ! I mean, who would talk kitty-talk to cats and admit it
publically ? Or even admit one talks to the fish in a slightly different
language. Not me ! ;-)

Erm...

Whole conversations we have, and the females seem to talk back more than the
males LOL.

One of them even sings: he comes in at the back of the house, I'm at the
front in my office, and he starts a "where are you?" song. I have to reply
in the same tone to keep him singing until he arrives in my office, walking
very slowly. It has become a ritual.

He can be seen he http://tvd.telenet.be/images/archibald.jpg

But before they throw me out of here with all this cat talk... some of the
fish seem to be very responsive when talking to them as well. They don't
talk back (yet ?) but they clearly respond to voices.

Theo

Old 22-06-2003, 08:20 PM
jammer

Good, i was testing my sanity i do believe. Apparently i am fine.
Either that or we should be neighbors.

That cat is VERY beautiful!