Old 27-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default under attack

BenignVanilla wrote:
"crclark" wrote in message
hlink.net...

After rocky racoon trashed my pond and ate most of my fish for the second
year in a row I got a Fido Fence and put it around the pond. One nite I
heard a loud "yelp" and I have not had a problem since...He must have told
his friends about the shock he got...C

snip

OK time for me to ask. I have heard of using fido fences here forever, and I
don't get it. I have an invisible fence for my dog, but it is worthless
without her collar. How did you get a collar on the coon?

BV.

A fido fence is an electric fence using strands of wire.
The invisible fence is a different type completely.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-06-2003, 07:56 PM
ajames54

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:05:12 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

"crclark" wrote in message
thlink.net...
After rocky racoon trashed my pond and ate most of my fish for the second
year in a row I got a Fido Fence and put it around the pond. One nite I
heard a loud "yelp" and I have not had a problem since...He must have told
his friends about the shock he got...C

snip

OK time for me to ask. I have heard of using fido fences here forever, and I
don't get it. I have an invisible fence for my dog, but it is worthless
without her collar. How did you get a collar on the coon?

BV.

A Fido Fence is a low voltage electric fence, you have to string
one wire around your pond and ground the other wire to the soil.

it is pretty inconspicuous and works well. The Family of Seven
raccoons that live in my neighbors garage (about 10 feet from my
pond) don't even come into my yard anymore.
Old 27-06-2003, 08:34 PM
BenignVanilla

"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
"crclark" wrote in message
hlink.net...

After rocky racoon trashed my pond and ate most of my fish for the

second
year in a row I got a Fido Fence and put it around the pond. One nite I
heard a loud "yelp" and I have not had a problem since...He must have

told
his friends about the shock he got...C

snip

OK time for me to ask. I have heard of using fido fences here forever,

and I
don't get it. I have an invisible fence for my dog, but it is worthless
without her collar. How did you get a collar on the coon?

BV.

A fido fence is an electric fence using strands of wire.
The invisible fence is a different type completely.

It actually has an exposed/charged wire?

BV.

Old 27-06-2003, 08:56 PM
ajames54

BenignVanilla wrote:
"crclark" wrote in message
hlink.net...

After rocky racoon trashed my pond and ate most of my fish for the

second
year in a row I got a Fido Fence and put it around the pond. One nite I
heard a loud "yelp" and I have not had a problem since...He must have

told
his friends about the shock he got...C

snip

OK time for me to ask. I have heard of using fido fences here forever,

and I
don't get it. I have an invisible fence for my dog, but it is worthless
without her collar. How did you get a collar on the coon?

BV.

A fido fence is an electric fence using strands of wire.
The invisible fence is a different type completely.

It actually has an exposed/charged wire?

BV.

check out...
www.fishock.com

Answers to all your questions and more
Old 27-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Kelly E Jones

In article ,
ajames54 the newsgroup wrote:

A Fido Fence is a low voltage electric fence, you have to string
one wire around your pond and ground the other wire to the soil.

Low voltage electric fence? There really is no such thing, unless by
low voltage you're referring to the input (some run off battery). The
output is pretty much always high voltage.

Kelly
Old 27-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Nedra

Call PetSmart. Fido Fence.
They carry them here in Missouri. Bonnie
is absolutely right. Check it out.....

Nedra

Old 28-06-2003, 01:56 AM
John Rutz

Kelly E Jones wrote:
In article ,
ajames54 the newsgroup wrote:

A Fido Fence is a low voltage electric fence, you have to string
one wire around your pond and ground the other wire to the soil.

Low voltage electric fence? There really is no such thing, unless by
low voltage you're referring to the input (some run off battery). The
output is pretty much always high voltage.

Kelly

--
we use a lot of electric fences around here for horses cattle etc the
wire is always 12 volt some times 24 but those are rare

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 28-06-2003, 01:56 AM
K30a

BV wrote It actually has an exposed/charged wire?

Yes. And it HURTS! ;-) We used it when the watergardening labradors were
younger.
Ponders always think they can just reach over or under and pull that weed
without turning the fence off and ZAP!! Guess who got zapped.... :-(

We finally took it down when the gang of boys were thirteen years old at the
time started using the fence as a test of manhood. Who could run up and see who
could grab it the longest. This was after I threatened them within an inch of
their lives if they kept playing spy vs. spy with the big earth movers in the
new subdivision. (Amazingly enough they are all 17 now and still alive.)

k30a

Old 10-07-2003, 10:58 PM
D Kat

I'm beginning to think maybe my two sons weren't as difficult as I thought
after reading your and Jan's posts... CTS .... Of course that still doesn't
keep me from being amazed that I didn't chuck the younger one out the
hospital window when he was hospitalized with asthma and they had him on
adrenaline to help him breathe... There is a reason nature makes us love
them so much...
DK