Old 16-06-2003, 12:44 AM
jammer

Default Petting the fish

Never in a million years did i think i would be petting my fish with
my finger. It was cool and definately a first! Guess he missed me.
Old 16-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Just Me \Koi\

It's the ultimate sign that you have earned the trust of your fish, and that
they are letting you in their life! The first time mine let me, I went
crazy for joy.

I achieved my contact by bribery though. I had something they couldn't
resist...orange!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 16-06-2003, 02:32 AM
jammer

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:18:20 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

It's the ultimate sign that you have earned the trust of your fish, and that
they are letting you in their life! The first time mine let me, I went
crazy for joy.

I achieved my contact by bribery though. I had something they couldn't
resist...orange!

I went to the store and forgot to get an orange! I have never given
them any, but i'm sure after letting me pet him (only one right now)
he'll get anything i think he'll like. ....I did not intend to get
attached to a fish!! (Ok, i hear this faint roaring laughter and head
shaking going on) Lord help me if something gets him...
Old 16-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Denise

WAY COOL!

I was told by guy I buy my fish from to always make sure hands are WET
before touching fish (protects their slime coat)

Have you named your fish? Anyone here name their fish?

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 16-06-2003, 03:08 AM
jammer

You know, i never thought of naming them until last night and i don't
know yet what to call them. I am working on it.

Old 16-06-2003, 04:08 AM
crclark

Named them?? I have named my bigger ones. there is Big Daddy, Goldie and
miss Silver..Goldie and Silver are fan tails and are really silly..Then I
have the Bogsey Twins..Blue Shibunkins..Now I have to buy and orange..It is
great when you can pet them and then suck on your finger. Connie

Old 16-06-2003, 04:44 AM

"jammer" wrote in message

OK I am lost, You use a real eating Orange and feed them that?
Or you coat your hand in orange tasting juice?

Old 16-06-2003, 04:44 AM
jammer

Real eating oranges.

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:36:40 -0400, Rich wrote:

.. .

Old 16-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Sue Alexandre

But of COURSE I've named my fish. Well, the seven adult koi all have names.
I haven't named the babies from last year's harvesting yet, nor any of the
goldfish. I DO have my limits, you know. LOL
Sue

Old 16-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I have a fish we named Pig...for obvious reasons..he'll eat anything!! and
is ever begging for food..

Anyway, I will be soooooooo sad if anything was to happen to pig!

--
_______________________________________

Old 16-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Just Me \Koi\

You cut it into four, and throw it in there one quarter at a time, and stand
back. You may want to bring in the babies first since it will get UGLY!
Make sure you pull out the left over (Peels only is left, I'm a amazed how
they can skin the orange!)

If yours are not used to oranges, it may take while for them to get going.
Hold off on feeding them for like 2-3 days, and then they will be good and
ready to eat whatever you have!

--
_______________________________________

Old 16-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Go Fig

In article ,
jammer wrote:

Real eating oranges.

Watermelon too.

jay
Sun, Jun 15, 2003

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:36:40 -0400, Rich wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .

OK I am lost, You use a real eating Orange and feed them that?
Or you coat your hand in orange tasting juice?

--

Legend insists that as he finished his abject...
Galileo muttered under his breath: "Nevertheless, it does move."
Old 16-06-2003, 05:20 AM
John Rutz

I was told by guy I buy my fish from to always make sure hands are
WET before touching fish (protects their slime coat)

Have you named your fish? Anyone here name their fish?

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

I named the first 4 I got I refused to name the 150 that were given to
me ( never ofer to adopt a closing ponds fish sight unseen )
sides Im too old to remember that many names ;-)

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 16-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Snooze

"jammer" wrote in message
Never in a million years did i think i would be petting my fish with
my finger. It was cool and definately a first! Guess he missed me.

In a country where you can stick the word "anti-bacterial" on anything, and
thousands of germphobic morons will fork over billions of dollars annually
so they can constantly bath the good and bad bacterial in low doses of
antibiotics and help raise the resistance level.

And yet in the same country we've got porgers who willingly stick their
hands into stagnant water filled with fish poop, rotting algae and barley
straw, and then tell all their online friends that they touched a fish
covered in mucus-like-slime.

To quote Russian comic, Yakov Smirnoff, "What a country!"

Sameer

Old 16-06-2003, 08:00 PM
*muffin*

how big do the fish need to be??

is it just koi? or do goldfish eat this?

can they get sick by eating it too often?

Muffin has a horse that loves pepsi....

Barnyard petting zoo paghat Gardening 3 02-05-2005 01:32 PM
Help: Fish STILL dying (was "fish are dying" JGW Ponds 16 15-06-2004 01:06 AM
Algae free fish tank vs Algae fish tank -=Almazick=- Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 23-10-2003 03:03 AM
Fish pond water kills all fish within 24 hours. [email protected] Ponds 99 20-08-2003 08:02 AM
SOS! SICK FISH!/do all dead fish float?/Melafix?/Furanase Jo Bohannon-Grant MD Ponds 3 10-06-2003 04:08 AM