Old 24-06-2003, 06:31 AM
John Rutz

Default Color me DISCOURAGED!

John Rutz wrote:

~ Windsong ~ wrote:

Shooting the fish eating snakes and frogs wont be so easy.

-- depends on hw good you are with a bb gun it wont punture the liner
if you shoot em in the water

shoulda added I have 5 snakes living in the TT's but they dont eat fish so I leave em be sides they are kinda neat swimming around in the pond

but I catch one with a fish in its mouth my old daisy gun comes out

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from
bad judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 24-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Denise

When k30a loses fish to herons and raccoons and other predators we'll
see how the tune changes...

Denise
who never lost a pond fish

Old 24-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Denise

LMAO at Carol :-)

Old 24-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Denise

Sorry k30a. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers :-)

Just being honest about how I deal with things trying to kill my fish,
unlike many people posting here.

My middle name is Robin, as in Robin Hood. More like Robin THE Hood
LMAO.

Old 24-06-2003, 11:56 AM
Denise

THANKS "Just me koi!!"

Denise

Old 24-06-2003, 12:56 PM
*muffin*

Denise,

I know , sometimes its hard for webtver's to post things.
but could you cut & paste the sentence/paragraph that you are referring
to???
It gets lost in the meaning, & we have no idea what you are referring to ,
trying to go back & find the relevant post is almost impossible(especially
when the person you are answering has written many) & too time consuming.
thanks.........

"Denise" wrote in message
LMAO at Carol :-)

Old 24-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Denise wrote:
When k30a loses fish to herons and raccoons and other predators we'll
see how the tune changes...

Denise
who never lost a pond fish

I have lost fish to a heron. I'd never consider killing the
bird. I would try to discourage it's return but I'd never
harm it or any other visitor to my pond.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 24-06-2003, 02:56 PM
K30a

Denise wrote When k30a loses fish to herons and raccoons and other predators
we'll
see how the tune changes...

Oh for goodness sake!
I have lost fish to predators.

k30a
Old 24-06-2003, 02:56 PM
K30a

Denise wrote Sorry k30a. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers :-)

My main concern is that the killing of herons is illegal. People have gone to
jail for it. People have had to shell out major $$ for it.
Posting the suggestion to kill them is risking some other ponder's welfare and
money.

Attempting to shoot the heron, lasso the heron, skewer the heron, verbally
abuse the heron, make fun of the heron or ruffle the heron's feathers in any
manner. Refer to the Migratory Bird Act - fines and jail stays cut in on pond
dollars and pond time.

k30a
Old 24-06-2003, 04:08 PM
joe

Denise wrote:

Just being honest about how I deal with things trying to kill my fish,
unlike many people posting here.

What does that mean?

Old 24-06-2003, 04:32 PM

try one of those ultrasonic machines. I know they are supposed to not work, but my
inlaws are in the woods and have been using them to keep the vermin out of the crawl
spaces under their house. they say it works. Ingrid

"Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

K30a, what do you find troubling about a lady taking out the pesky raccoon?

In 1996, a family of raccoon trashed my house while I was living inside it
mind you! $40,000 plus later, and no matter what I did to discourage them,
they will not leave! Wildlife people will not help, gave me cages to use!
But the darn coons are too smart for the cages!

Then my few months old daughter was getting sick, suspected that the poops
for the coons were getting in the air condition ducts!

Anyway, that's my story.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 24-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Theo van Daele

Denise,

Not really wanting to start a ruck, but can you please tone it down a little
bit ?

WebTV is very close to Jerry Springer, but you need to make a distinction.

We all have our opinons & experiences, but no need to be so rude to a fellow
ponder :-)

This is not about ruffled feathers, but it's the second time I see you
insinuating people are dishonest in their replies.

They are not, and I ask you politely to think again about your current
online personae :-)

FWIW,

Theo

"K30a" schreef in bericht

Old 24-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Denise

Muffin wrote:

I know , sometimes its hard for webtver's to post things. but could
you cut & paste the sentence/paragraph that you are referring to???
It gets lost in the meaning, & we have no idea what you are referring to
, trying to go back & find the relevant post is almost
impossible(especially when the person you are answering has written
many) & too time consuming. thanks.........

Will do!!

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 24-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Denise

Oh for goodness sake! How many more fish will you allow to be murdered?
Please stop buying fish if you can't protect them.

K30a wrote:
Denise wrote When k30a loses fish to herons and raccoons and other
predators we'll
see how the tune changes...
Oh for goodness sake!
I have lost fish to predators.
k30a

Denise
who has nothing else to say on this subject. One must do what one
must...

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 24-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Denise

Theo wrote:

Denise,
Not really wanting to start a ruck, but can you please tone it down a
little bit ?
WebTV is very close to Jerry Springer, but you need to make a
distinction.
We all have our opinons & experiences, but no need to be so rude to a
fellow ponder :-)
This is not about ruffled feathers, but it's the second time I see you
insinuating people are dishonest in their replies.
They are not, and I ask you politely to think again about your current
online personae :-)
FWIW,
Theo

Theo, I wouldn't know about Jerry Springer, except from bits and pieces
of that crap shown on other shows. I don't watch trash TV. Saying that
webtv is very close to Jerry Springer, however, is quite the insult and
awfully rude of you...

Some PC newsgroups are just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to
nastiness.
This happens to be the only non-webtv group I read and post in because I
have an interest in ponds and there isn't a good webtv based one.

I have been enjoying this group and have learned lots of good info and I
hope I have offered some and helped others. I have received some very
nice emails from people here.

I certainly like giving compliments to people on the great ponds they
have created. Love looking at all the pics!
I don't care to get into arguments over lifestyles, values, religion
(HATE holy rollers) sex, politics or anything else that is
controversial. As I stated in previous post, I have nothing else to say
on the matter of protecting my fish from predators. Others can do, or
not do, what they want.

BTW, my "on-line personae" (on line since 1996) is exactly the same as
my real life one. You can't please everyone, so you got to please
yourself :-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc