Old 23-06-2003, 07:32 PM
John Rutz

Default proj 2003 pics

I have added a few mor pics to the proj 2003 page showing the veggie
filter plants and a fw of the fish and the fish herding dog

the cattails and reeds have grown so much this summer I cant see the
waterfall anymore :-)
but all the rest of the plants are holding and not spreading :-(
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 24-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

John Rutz wrote:

I have added a few mor pics to the proj 2003 page showing the veggie
filter plants and a fw of the fish and the fish herding dog

the cattails and reeds have grown so much this summer I cant see the
waterfall anymore :-)
but all the rest of the plants are holding and not spreading :-(

Wow, your turning your world green -that's great!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 24-06-2003, 03:08 AM
K30a

wow!!
Look at those plants go!

k30a
Old 24-06-2003, 06:31 AM
John Rutz

K30a wrote:
wow!!
Look at those plants go!

k30a

-- yet I cant get water celery or hyacinths to grow :-( some of the
lilies dont do well either colorado goes crazy others which i dont know
thier name maintain and never bloom
and I still have green water, but im sure thats due to the larger amount
of sun we get here and the hi thin atmosphere 16 hrs and 6000 ft
tourists seem to turn into redskins in about an hour :-) esp arund noon
what I need is a couple bushels of duck weed to shade thsi lake
course I ll never see the pond or the Koi but will they be fat on all
that duckweed

Old 24-06-2003, 06:44 AM
K30a

John wrote sun we get here and the thin atmosphere 16 hrs and 6000 ft

That's it I'd be dead by nightfall!!
Grew up at sea level, surrounded by
high mountains.

k30a

Old 24-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Nedra

You know, it does make a difference where you are
born and raised. I was born in Missouri - tried to get used
to the high plateau of western Nebraska. I left after 8
months. Headed right on back to Missouri. Western
Washington was wonderful though. I do love rain!

Nedra

Old 24-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Nedra wrote:
You know, it does make a difference where you are
born and raised. I was born in Missouri - tried to get used
to the high plateau of western Nebraska. I left after 8
months. Headed right on back to Missouri. Western
Washington was wonderful though. I do love rain!

Nedra

That's the truth. I don't feel comforable without the mountains
or hills surrounding me. Can't stand flat land.

Old 24-06-2003, 03:44 PM
John Rutz

Nedra wrote:
You know, it does make a difference where you are
born and raised. I was born in Missouri - tried to get used
to the high plateau of western Nebraska. I left after 8
months. Headed right on back to Missouri. Western
Washington was wonderful though. I do love rain!

Nedra

I retired from the army in western Washington love gardening there but
being from NM with our great sunsets ( most western movies use NM
sunsets) I had to come home W Wa just doesnt have sunsets period

Old 24-06-2003, 04:08 PM
K30a

John wrote W Wa just doesnt have sunsets

Yeah, but they cannons!
One of the resorts in the San Juans, can't
remember which, but every night we'd walk
down to the waterfront and they'd set off
a cannon when the sun set..... boom!

k30a
Old 02-07-2003, 07:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Amazing, you have to be careful you don't end up in the pond while mowing.

Sunsets? You should have come to E.Washington for the sunsets. ;o) I only
like the woodsey areas for visiting/vacations, I get claustrophobic when I
can't see out and beyond, especially to watch the sky for on-coming
weather. ~ jan

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:37:30 -0600, John Rutz
wrote:

I have added a few mor pics to the proj 2003 page showing the veggie
filter plants and a fw of the fish and the fish herding dog

the cattails and reeds have grown so much this summer I cant see the
waterfall anymore :-)
but all the rest of the plants are holding and not spreading :-(

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

proj 2003 pics ROFLMAO Cam Ponds 1 24-06-2003 03:44 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 8 Jun 2003 to 9 Jun 2003 (#2003-161) Gerald Laabs Bonsai 0 11-06-2003 12:44 AM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 27 May 2003 to 28 May 2003 (#2003-149) Gerald Laabs Bonsai 0 29-05-2003 09:08 PM
proj 2003 mini update John Rutz Ponds 5 23-05-2003 05:20 PM
[IBC] BONSAI Digest - 15 May 2003 to 16 May 2003 (#2003-137) Jim Stone Bonsai 1 18-05-2003 08:08 PM