Old 26-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Gunnar

Default deaths in family

something has been in my pond went away for vk and returned home to a empty
pond lost about 20 fish some as big as 24". believe it was a coon trying to
rap him in a haveaheart. wish me luck all. any one with tooo many fish close
to Rhode island like to make donation?

Old 26-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Hank Pagel

No extra fish but you do have my sympathy. I've been there and it does
make you angry. Good Luck getting back together.

Old 26-06-2003, 12:32 AM
John Rutz

--
;Im to far away but sorry to hear of your losses

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 26-06-2003, 03:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

In the last chapter: Gunnar picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
:: any one with tooo many fish close to Rhode island like to make
:: donation?
=========================
Please, before you get more predator "food" in the form of koi or goldfish -
do something to protect them! Once these predators had an easy meal
somewhere they will just keep coming back.
--
*.·´¨¨))
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))*

Old 26-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Denise

Sorry, I am too far away or I would love to help you out, There is
someone near me with too many koi. She's been giving them way. I didn't
take any because I have enough.

I can sure understand how upset and sad you are over the loss of your
fish!

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 26-06-2003, 05:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I wonder if your neighbors are not helping yourself to your Koi. If you
think about it, 20 Koi of average 20" size. Too big for Heron to nab that
easily? Raccoons will leave bones or other stuff behind and probably will
not take 20 Koi in one day!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 26-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Oops! Meant to say themselves!

--
_______________________________________

Old 26-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Basil Malithorne

Just Me Koi wrote:
"I wonder if your neighbors are not helping yourself to your Koi. If you think about it, 20 Koi of average 20" size. Too big for Heron to nab that easily?"

A friend of ours had 40 Koi in his backyard pond in the range of 18"-24" and a Heron pulled a little more than 20 out of there. They had been in there for 15 years prior without any noticeable loss from predators and then WHAM! So yes, the Heron is a skilled fisherman. Beware.

Barefoot Malithorne
Old 26-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Gunnar

do heron eat it all or fly away? there was very little damage to pond and
only thing i found were some scales and fin bone. so not sure what is
getting them. i just put coyote urine around pond and have a have a heart
trap set out.( caught opossum but don't think he is the thief.) if there is
anyone in New England with too many fish need to cull i will give them good
new home