Old 15-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Mark Allison

Default Fixing mesh to fence

Hi,

I've just bought a roll of plastic mesh to put up against my fence to
act as cheap trellis. I have concrete posts and wish to fix the mesh to
the posts. I have tried using fencing staples but they won't penetrate
the posts, I think they're designed for wooden posts.

How would you fix the mesh to concrete posts?

Thanks.
--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.markallison.co.uk

Old 15-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Tumbleweed

"Mark Allison" wrote in message
Hi,

I've just bought a roll of plastic mesh to put up against my fence to
act as cheap trellis. I have concrete posts and wish to fix the mesh to
the posts. I have tried using fencing staples but they won't penetrate
the posts, I think they're designed for wooden posts.

How would you fix the mesh to concrete posts?

Use a drill and screws or bolts with rawlplugs

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 15-05-2004, 03:04 PM
IntarsiaCo

How would you fix the mesh to concrete posts?

Do you have zip ties available? They are plastic straps that were originally
designed for bundling electric wires. We use them for attaching mesh and deer
fencing to posts and stakes.
Old 15-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Harry12

"Mark Allison" wrote in message
Hi,

I've just bought a roll of plastic mesh to put up against my fence to
act as cheap trellis. I have concrete posts and wish to fix the mesh to
the posts. I have tried using fencing staples but they won't penetrate
the posts, I think they're designed for wooden posts.

How would you fix the mesh to concrete posts?

The obvious way is to drill, but the concrete mix used in posts is very hard
and stony, and not easy to drill. It sounds like you would need a lot of
holes. Also if you hit one of the reinforcing rods you will have problems,
and when the rod rusts it could cause the post to split. The other two
alternatives a

1. Wrap plastic-covered wire around the posts, if there are sufficient gaps
to pass it through betwen the fence panels.
2. If the concrete is clean and dry, fix some wire loops to it with epoxy
putty which you can get from good DIY shops. You cut off a piece, mix it up
in your fingers and just press it on. It sticks well to concrete. You
will find this is the easiest, quickest, and certainly the quietest method!

Arthur