Old 09-07-2003, 02:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Ultimate Lotus Garden

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
BV,

I wonder if the Greg Speichert lotus bog would work
in a bigger size without being too ungainly??
Back to your original idea about having a lotus pond
with the lotus just planted in the dirt?? Hmmm ...

Do you get the pond magazine "Water Gardening"?
The article on Lotus bogs is at the bottom of page 37 ..
July issue.

snip

I do not yet subscribe. I need to though. Any chance you could scan that
article and email it to me? I'd love to check it out, as it sounds like my
original idea of just tossing them in.

BV.

Old 09-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Nedra

BV, Ohhh ,,, Drat! I don't have a scanner else I'd love to
do as you ask.
If you email me your land address I can copy it down
at the store and send it snail mail. It'll go out today and
get there asap ....

Nedra

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 10-07-2003, 07:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

How deep are your pots? Since I have permission to do another pond just for
the lotus, I'd like to densely pack one and then use it as feeder for a
stream down the road. Could I use shallow, but wide potts and sit them in
the pond?
BV.

6"-7" deep, guessing without measuring. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 10-07-2003, 07:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

-- BV

the local farm stores also sell rubber "dish pans" for feeding horses
they cone in 24" and 36" diameters
they are only about 7-8 inches deep John R.

That's exactly what I used and where I got them. Just not quite as wide or
deep. ~ jan )