Old 03-07-2003, 05:44 PM
BenignVanilla

Default It has to be a frog...

This morning, I did my daily pond check. Once again something went from the
edge of the pond, and jumped into the deep end. It HAS TO BE a frog. Has to
be.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old 03-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Heather

BV,

You only check on your pond once a day? :)

It does sound like a frog. Try walking up slower and look everywhere. Our
frog is to be found in the strangest places. I almost stepped on her more
than once.

It seems she is out by the pond early in the morning, then she goes on a
forage and can be found 20' or more from the pond. Later in the afternoon -
like 5 or 6pm she arrives back pondside for the evening.

Heather
SW Ontario (Zone 5)

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 03-07-2003, 07:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Heather" wrote in message
news
BV,

You only check on your pond once a day? :)
snip

Only once before work. *laugh*

I have only seen the hop and the splash twice now, so I can't confirm.
Tomorrow I don't have to work, so I can creep out in the morning dew and get
all dirty and see if I can catch a glimpse of her. On work mornings it is
hard to sneak through the grass and mud in wingtips. *laugh*

BV.

Old 03-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

BenignVanilla wrote:
This morning, I did my daily pond check. Once again something went from the
edge of the pond, and jumped into the deep end. It HAS TO BE a frog. Has to
be.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond
Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

That would be my guess.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 03-07-2003, 08:44 PM
K30a

Okay, you can't have paranoid neighbors for
this observation technique, okay?

Find a good viewing postion and get out your
binoculars. Try to catch a glimpse of frog before
it jumps in the pond.
You might want to inform your wife exactly why
you are doing this...

k30a

Old 03-07-2003, 10:23 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:

This morning, I did my daily pond check. Once again something went
from the
edge of the pond, and jumped into the deep end. It HAS TO BE a frog.
Has to
be.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond
Remove MYFRONTALLOBE to email me.

--
its a pond fairy

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 03-07-2003, 10:23 PM
Nedra

BV, If the frog "squeeks" when it jumps into the pond
then it is a leopard frog. A guy told me that a coupla
years ago right here on ole rec.ponds ;-)

Nedra

Old 04-07-2003, 01:08 AM

Yes

It will take time until they get use to you. Walk slowly and look for
there heads just at the water line. At night you can go out with a flash
light. A night pond is different then in the day.

Old 04-07-2003, 01:44 AM
Robyn Rhudy

My green frogs squeak too when they jump in and the bullfrog makes a
deeper squeak (a mini-blah).

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, you can't have paranoid neighbors for
this observation technique, okay?

Find a good viewing postion and get out your
binoculars. Try to catch a glimpse of frog before
it jumps in the pond.
You might want to inform your wife exactly why
you are doing this...

k30a

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -
_ _
(o)____(o) ---ribbit
_/ oo \_
/ \----------/ \
\ | | | | /
ww ooo ooo ww

Old 04-07-2003, 08:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Mermaid.

Now you're really excited for tomorrow morning, aren't ya? ;o) ~ jan

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, you can't have paranoid neighbors for
this observation technique, okay?

Find a good viewing postion and get out your
binoculars. Try to catch a glimpse of frog before
it jumps in the pond.
You might want to inform your wife exactly why
you are doing this...

k30a

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -
_ _
(o)____(o) ---ribbit
_/ oo \_
/ \----------/ \
\ | | | | /
ww ooo ooo ww

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 04-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Heather

Last night our frog was sitting a foot or so from the pond. Jim walked up
to her, bent down slowly and touched her on the nose. A few minutes later
she let Jim touch her on the head. She has only been around two weeks. We
do talk to her whenever we see her. Perhaps this helps.

Heather

Old 04-07-2003, 07:09 PM
jammer

The toads here act like i'm invisable.

Old 07-07-2003, 02:12 PM
BenignVanilla

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, you can't have paranoid neighbors for
this observation technique, okay?

Find a good viewing postion and get out your
binoculars. Try to catch a glimpse of frog before
it jumps in the pond.
You might want to inform your wife exactly why
you are doing this...

July 4th weekend we had the whole crew over. Everyone wanted to see the
pond, so we had a lot of traffic back there. The frogs gave up running and
just sat there, unless one of the kids got too close. It seems we have 2
dark green with yellow spots frogs, and 1 light green frog. I hope to get
some picture and post them to my web site soon. Either way...I HAVE FROGS!!!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!!!

BV.