Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Gail Futoran

Default tadpole update

About a month ago I excitedly reported finding
a bunch of tadpoles in my 200 (approx.) gal.
pond. The little suckers are taking forever to
grow but grow they are. Now some of the larger
ones (I'm talking "larger" being around the size
of a Navy bean) have teensy little feet/legs just
behind their large heads. They're SOOO cute!

In a very small "pond" (Sterlite container) in
another part of the yard I found a teensy
frog or toad (fully formed), also about the size
of a Navy bean. I'm guessing that's a different
species than the tadpoles. I moved some of the
tadpoles from the larger pond to the smaller so
I could keep better track of their growth.

Neighbors are having a July 4th party (to which
we're invited) & I'm thinking of inviting some of
the kids (w/ parents attached) over to check
out the minnows, goldfish and gadzillion tadpoles.
Good idea, bad idea?

Happy July 4th to all the Yankees in the ng.

Gail
San Antonio TX

Tadpole/newt update. Doug[_10_] United Kingdom 8 14-04-2012 08:16 AM
--Tadpole info needed-- WilsonKKW Ponds 5 08-07-2004 11:03 PM
My Amazing tadpole-- true short story+ a request WilsonKKW Ponds 4 09-06-2004 03:13 PM
tadpole or toadpole??? Hank Ponds 14 12-05-2004 01:06 AM
Tadpole question Peggy Elliott Ponds 10 15-08-2003 11:14 PM