Old 06-07-2003, 05:08 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Egret lost to little birdies!

So the pregnant wifey and I were getting ready to start our day, and we
heard all these commotion going on outside! Looked out the window, and saw
two little birdies that had nested in our roof tiles chasing and pestering
and harassing this egret that had come over for breakfast!

I had left the little birdies alone, and sometimes I actually breakdown and
get them food. I guess they returned the favor big time today! They made
enough noise and basically harassed the Egret long enough for my two doggies
to step in and take over the fish defense!

I was so happy! Although the pond is netted, at least now I know that I
have another line of defense!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 06-07-2003, 08:52 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Now that's cool, what kind of birds are they? Maybe we ponders need to make
more nesting friendly areas for this type of bird? ~ jan

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 04:12:24 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

So the pregnant wifey and I were getting ready to start our day, and we
heard all these commotion going on outside! Looked out the window, and saw
two little birdies that had nested in our roof tiles chasing and pestering
and harassing this egret that had come over for breakfast!

I had left the little birdies alone, and sometimes I actually breakdown and
get them food. I guess they returned the favor big time today! They made
enough noise and basically harassed the Egret long enough for my two doggies
to step in and take over the fish defense!

I was so happy! Although the pond is netted, at least now I know that I
have another line of defense!

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 06-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Bob Adkins

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:26:24 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

Now that's cool, what kind of birds are they? Maybe we ponders need to make
more nesting friendly areas for this type of bird? ~ jan

I'm betting mocking birds or catbirds. Whaddya bet?

They can get really annoying.

Bob
Old 06-07-2003, 02:44 PM
John Rutz

Just Me \"Koi\" wrote:
So the pregnant wifey and I were getting ready to start our day, and we
heard all these commotion going on outside! Looked out the window, and saw
two little birdies that had nested in our roof tiles chasing and pestering
and harassing this egret that had come over for breakfast!

I had left the little birdies alone, and sometimes I actually breakdown and
get them food. I guess they returned the favor big time today! They made
enough noise and basically harassed the Egret long enough for my two doggies
to step in and take over the fish defense!

I was so happy! Although the pond is netted, at least now I know that I
have another line of defense!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

-- sounds like mocking birds they will atact anything in defense of
thier nest

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 06-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Denise

That's great news! You keep treating those little birdies right and
they'll keep thanking you in their own little way :-)

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 07-07-2003, 02:23 AM
John Hines

"Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

Wish I knew what type of bird they were. They are a bit drab color, but
nice acting, nice sound, and not messy at all! They've never really
bothered me! Now for obvious reasons they are my best friend and I there's!

http://www.slivoski.com/birding/index.htm#list

Look under birds. There are other sites around, which may have better
references for your area.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:46 AM
Mary Alice Kropp

Wish I knew what type of bird they were. They are a bit drab color, but
nice acting, nice sound, and not messy at all! They've never really
bothered me! Now for obvious reasons they are my best friend and I

there's!

Drab coloring could be mockingbirds or catbirds. About what size are they?
Robin size? Smaller, larger? If more grayish, probably catbirds; if more
brownish with white bars on the wings as they fly, then mockingbirds. Both
have pretty songs and are wicked good mimics. We had a mockingbird that
spent too much time outside a former neighbor's teenager's room- could mimic
the sounds of a video game perfectly! LOL

Luckily, I have a big ol' pond in the front of an office complex near me-
the heron seems to like that one better than my teeny little one!

-Mak
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak
Updates 6/22/03

Better to be occasionally cheated than perpetually suspicious.

It's more fun to color outside the lines.

Old 07-07-2003, 03:26 AM
Hank Pagel

http://www.enature.com/localguide/lo...ipco de=08742
Replace the last five numbers with your zip code to id local birds and
animals. Best I have found for that purpose.

Old 08-07-2003, 11:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

wrote:

[...]

Two Acre Wood (Christmas Birdies) Patty Peeples Garden Photos 0 13-12-2006 06:11 PM
little by little Kenneth will depart the cobbler, and if Joseph locally learns it too, the case will excuse on the lost plain Refined Shitty Sucker United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 02:49 PM
little by little Joaquim will help the card, and if Tommy totally pours it too, the pool will reject inside the lost morning Zack di Giamo United Kingdom 0 24-07-2005 12:28 PM
Heron/Egret Bob in PA Ponds 13 29-12-2003 12:35 AM
birdies Fredie United Kingdom 23 15-04-2003 07:45 PM