Old 11-07-2003, 07:27 PM
PondWoman

Default algae

I am an aquatics consultant, work only with algae, and would be happy
to answer any questions you may have.
Happy Ponding
PondWoman
www.bluewaters.us
Old 11-07-2003, 07:27 PM
BenignVanilla

"PondWoman" wrote in message
om...
I am an aquatics consultant, work only with algae, and would be happy
to answer any questions you may have.
Happy Ponding
PondWoman
www.bluewaters.us

Do you mean like how to raise algae? how to ensure it stays healthy? how to
grow it in any body of water? Shoot...I can do THAT no problem.

BV.

Old 11-07-2003, 10:25 PM
joe

PondWoman wrote:

I am an aquatics consultant, work only with algae, and would be happy
to answer any questions you may have.

Can you make a living only working with algae? What do they pay with?

Old 11-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Hank Pagel

Can you make a living only working with algae? What do they pay
with?

That other dirty green stuff, of course.
What's a pond without algae? We would have nothing to talk about.

Old 11-07-2003, 11:40 PM
John Rutz

"joe" wrote in message

PondWoman wrote:

I am an aquatics consultant, work only with algae, and would be

happy

to answer any questions you may have.

Can you make a living only working with algae? What do they pay

with?

I have such a good crop going this year Im going to bale it and sell it
at the feed store as horsy growth hormone
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

never miss a good oportunity to shut up

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 12-07-2003, 03:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"PondWoman" wrote in message
I am an aquatics consultant, work only with algae, and would be happy
to answer any questions you may have.
Happy Ponding
PondWoman
www.bluewaters.us

How many species of algae are there really? I've heard up to 300, close?
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 12-07-2003, 03:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I have such a good crop going this year Im going to bale it and sell it
at the feed store as horsy growth hormone John R

Hey, it wasn't that long ago K30 posted a newslink that they were working
on fermenting algae to make a fuel source (or something). ~ jan

Old 12-07-2003, 04:44 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

I went to the site. A work in progress! Blank pages for water gardens and
just words for Koi. Decidedly increases my confidence in the resources
offered (nutrient for bacteria to attack algae...with monthly repeat
treatments needed.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
om...

Old 12-07-2003, 05:08 AM
Nedra

I went to the site too ....

Yep.. It's a SPAMMER!!!!!!

Nedra

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...
I went to the site. A work in progress! Blank pages for water gardens

and
just words for Koi. Decidedly increases my confidence in the resources
offered (nutrient for bacteria to attack algae...with monthly repeat
treatments needed.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
om...

Old 12-07-2003, 05:20 AM
Charles

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:26:46 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

"PondWoman" wrote in message
I am an aquatics consultant, work only with algae, and would be happy
to answer any questions you may have.
Happy Ponding
PondWoman
www.bluewaters.us

How many species of algae are there really? I've heard up to 300, close?
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

A few more.

Phylum Chlorophyta 17,000 species

Phylum Rhodophyta 4000-6000 species

Phylum Ochrophyta 10,000 species

Phylum Dinophyta 2,000-4,000 species

Phylum Haptophyta 300 species

Phylum Cryptophyta 200 species

Phylum Euglenophyta 900 species

Phylum Glaucophyta number not listed

Phylum Cyanobacteria number not listed

This data approximate, from the book "Algae" by Linda E Graham and Lee
W. wilcox

--

- Charles
-
Old 12-07-2003, 05:32 AM
K30a

Depends on if you are talking freshwater algae or sal****er algae.
And if you consider algae a plant or animal, there is some dispute.
Tricky stuff, eh?

k30a